Author Topic: Training  (Read 321 times)

Offline Wacky

• Zinc Member
Training
« on: April 11, 2002, 05:17:48 PM »
If one of you super aces have some free time I could use some help with basic sa, acm's etc.  I have read  the help fies,Hammers web site, AKNimtz site and have tryed to incorporate them into my flying but still getting hammered!   I have been flying this game since April 6, 2002 and have another week or so on my free trial.   In the MA seems like all I do is draw swarms of enemies every time I up at a base....never seem to be able to engage before i'm blown out of the sky.  In the CT I seem to get vulched everytime I try to fly,,,,hmmmmm,,unless I fly in from a far base,,,,then I run out of  gas.   In the training arena no one seems to know anything about anything.........hmmmmm misnamed?  Anyways could use some help

WackyAH@juno.com

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
Training
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 06:42:36 PM »
Wacky,

Feel free to email me. I'd be glad to help.  I'm available Sunday - Thursday, 8pm - 1am EST.

HaMmeR
www.netAces.org - Info, Tactics, and More!

p.s. Your juno email doesn't seem to work. Got a "not valid user" back.

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Training
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 03:01:55 AM »
feel free to e-mail me as well :)

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Training
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2002, 07:51:48 AM »
Wacky -

I've been flying AH for a couple of years and I still suck :D.  Best piece of advice I can give you is pick a plane, and stick with it for a couple of tours until you learn it.  Jumping back and forth between planes (like I did when I started) constantly doesn't give you the chance to learn the a/c well, and just increases the frustration level cuz you'll get shot down more.

The next thing is, don't worry about your score (i.e. perks, rank etc).  When I first started, I was OBSESSED with perk points, rank etc.  Once I decided it didn't matter, I started having a lot more fun :)

Pick a easy plane to fly (I know people will disagree with me here) like a spitV or N1K1 until you get a feel for the arena, acm, gunnery, etc.

The biggest thing is to stick with it.  This ain't no computer sim with lousy AI.  You're flying again real people, in real time.  He who hestitates, is lost.  With a little experience, you find yourself shooting down a/c.

Or, you can do like I do, and find the newbies and vulch 'em :D

Good luck and have fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Training
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2002, 08:55:55 AM »
Wacky, you've only been flying for about a week and it takes time. Even my squadmates who flew Aiw Warrior for years have gone thru an 'adjustment curve' or are still going thru it after 6 months.
Anything this good will take some time.
As far as getting vulched and running out of gas, take 50% of gas and fly 1base off the 'front' or where the action is. That should give you some time to gain altitude and still have gas left to loiter or fight in the area.
Give it time, get used to the flight model and your favorite ride, and things will fall into place.
The training arena is setup so friendlies can fight each other or the enemy, or to practice your skills. HTC doesn't have the manpower to keep it staffed with trainers 24/7. However, if you set up a meeting with a trainer, they will be more than happy to assist you. I'm not a lousy pilot and not the best, but even I have considered getting a trainer to fly with.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54