Author Topic: Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's  (Read 507 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's
« on: April 13, 2002, 08:21:06 AM »
MAG-33 combined with the 412th launched from CV's and encountered two groups of high 109's and possibly 190's about 10 min into the frame off the coast off Norway.  A huge furball erupted.  I personally found myself sitting in the tower shortly after the initial encounter.  Best as I can tell, 30% of MAG-33 was shot down, and a group of bomb ladened 109's broke our Patrol Cap to engage the cv.  After the furball, remaining MAG-33 returned and continued to find strays...after re-arming, and re-fueling, we hit A17 and wiped it out, however some fuel, ammo was possibly hit as well, rendering the field useless for our "invasion troops".

Other reports:  A19 was leveled by MAW with Groverats covering them.

A18 was hit with Nitehawks and Shillelegh.   Our "One,-Two Punch" with the 457th BG and 13th TAS finished the field. One fuel was possibly hit so fuel may be a limiting factor for the next frame.

2 of 4 CV groups were attacked but not sunk.

Axis, one hell of a fight.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2002, 10:31:59 AM »
Shillelagh Upped 46 after some difficulties (Sling Said "Roll Roll Roll!!!" and I rolled right to desktop!). Then we circled the CV for a while trying to get our business together (ha! not likely) by the time everyone was ready to form up... TO LATE! here come some 109s! We got boucned good and lost three in the fight (myself included) as we withdrew back to the CV. Deke (DKShill) managed to get one of the 109s and the rest of the squad gave chase, but they got away. To add insult to injury we chased for too long and ran out of gas trying to make it back to the Carrier. Only -04- managed to make the landing (everyone else ditched in the water. But as he tried to take off again, -04- forgot to readjust his RPM to full and dropped right off the front edge of the CV.

It was an inauspicous begining for Shillelagh  in the TOD, but we had lots of fun and cant wait till next friday!
everyone, this is a great event.

-Sikboy
« Last Edit: April 13, 2002, 10:34:47 AM by Sikboy »
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Nefarious AAR
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2002, 10:54:51 AM »
After two attempots of taking off, the second ending in a full reboot. I sucessfully rolled from C40 in a F6F. Getting to the fight late, Midnight  and the rest of our squad was already Returning to Base. I told them i would stay high and cover them back to the CV with help of Majtom. Then off my 9 I saw a 109 closing fast. I turned Head On. and began a looping fight with the solo 109. I thought the 109 had me so i called for help from Majtom. But when i finally was able to see the 109 I saw him climbing away! I pulled in behind him and pinged him a few times he began to roll over to avoid me when i hit him with a full broadside, BOOM!  the 109 detonated.

On the way back to the CV, Midnight reported 110's attacking our CV, when I got thier I saw Majtom dive to engage a 110 and I was heading HO with 110 he was below me so i felt safe enough. I pulled my Hellcat towards the sky. Then my computer restarted?

Who was the solo 109 that fell to my guns near C40 area? Thanks for bringing my TOD kill number to a really low 3.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2002, 11:45:55 AM »
3./JG2

launched 5

JoeCJG2
Urchin
Drunky
Esmers
Wotan

Upped a18

Headed South

a19 comes under attack. We divert from our primary patrol area and head to a19. We spot 2 seafires low. We make a few passes to keep them there. We spot numerous f6fs ib to a19. We move to engage. Then a group of high seafires. They bounce us we have no luck preventing the f6fs from dropping. A19 is leveled. We are lo on fuel. Drunky and Esmers are both shot down. JoeCJg2 heads to a18 to refuel. Urchin and I stay at 19 reporting the egress direction of the contacts to the acks who are ib from the south of 19.

Joe reports being vulched at a18 and exits his 109 on the runway. Urchin has gear trouble and lands at a19. I land and refuel at a19. I up to pursue the seafires. Aknimitz reports he is ib 19 to refuel. I keep an eye on the egressing seafires then circle back to rejoin AKnimitz.

We head south west spotting several cons. We debate whether to engage or reposition for the possibility of a second strike toward a18. We decide to engage. Aknimitz spots 2 lower sea fires and engages. I was able to rope 1 and kill him. AKnimitz kills the other. We then spot a lone ju88 rtbing being chased by a p51. Nimitz and I run him down and kill him.

3./JG2 lost 2 109g2s

I killed probrably 3

S! to AKnimitz who kicked arse.

Upon landing at a18 I lower my gear then as I am about to touch down I hit the wrong button (new stick) and raise gear and belly land. Didn't Galland open his gear in flight ????? :)

ps I dont know what happened but the squad assigned to up at a19 I never saw or heard anything from them. Did they show? We only knew a19 was under attack because it was flashing.

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2002, 03:32:01 PM »
457tt launched a26 with 4 mossi

hit a18 with the help ofTAS and MAW

i beleave it was, hit all targets A18 lost 1 mossi due

to ACK headed home last 3 mossi's landed short

of a26 which btw was in plain site :( due to ........

we ran out of gas .
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2002, 03:47:16 PM »
The 332nd, (12 pilots) along with the FDB's and 56th launched from A18 in bf109-G2s, 100% fuel, 1 x 250 kg bomb.

Our target was a task group in the 7,9,1 area. The 56th was ordered to engage any enemy while the 332nd and the FDB's headed to the target. About ½ way we encountered a large formation of F6F's and F4U's. The 56th fighter group engaged, but were significantly outnumbered. I should have ordered "every one" to engage. We could have destroyed many of the enemy and then rearmed to attack the task group again. As it turned out the 56th was destroyed and the 332nd with the FDB's were able to reach the target and drop but several were shot down by the ack. Some destroyers were damaged, but none were sunk. The remaining 109's tried to RTB but were attacked from above by the F6F's and F4U's on the way home. A few enemy AC were shot down, but all of the 332nd and most if not all of the FDB's and 56th were destroyed.

Brief, ugly, but fun. :)

We went wild in the CT after that. ;)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Norway TOD Frame 1 AAR's
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2002, 03:54:03 PM »
Fat Drunk Bastards

Launched:

Sling (got lost CM'ing, and killed by himself somewhere I believe)
Fatty
DMDHorn (guest)
Glok (guest)
Myelo
Sally
Claidmor
Argyll
Skernsk (was having trouble, unsure if he even got a sortie recorded)

Launched from A18 with 109-g2s, equipped with gondolas and 250kg bombs.  Proceeded generally west in search of allied task groups, with 56th FG in front scouting.

Encountered some f6fs and f4us on the way, but we were able to pass through unscathed thanks to 56th tying them up.  We were able to dive on the task group, losing at least Sally (I believe one or two more).  If hits were scored no ships were observed destroyed.  We caught some f6fs low, but engaging them we were caught low by the returning CAP we'd passed thru before (I believe).  Last thing I saw before exploding was Horn smoking in the distance, I believe he was able to ditch safely, the rest of us perished.