Author Topic: Pearl Harbor motivation behind push for P-40? NOT!!! :P  (Read 129 times)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Pearl Harbor motivation behind push for P-40? NOT!!! :P
« on: April 12, 2002, 11:10:55 PM »
I am highly offended that near the conclusion of a troll post about people who don't use tracers (such as myself), the troller implied that the demand for bringing the P-40 to AH is a result of the Pearl Harbor movie. It is either purely coincidence or a conspiracy that the Pearl Harbor movie was produced and released prior to HTC getting around to meeting the somewhat extensive demand for P-40s.

I have seen and participated in multiple whines for the P-40 ever since I came to AH in October of 2000. I have recently contributed to the resurgence of these posts made possible by the new bulletin board search thingamajig.

I am still waiting impatiently ( tap tap tap) for an AVG P-40B.

I have never even seen the new Pearl Harbor movie. Tora! Tora! Tora! was good enough for me: all planes and no love story.

Bring the P-40 to AH!!!!!!!!!!
All the other online sims have it, why not the best one which I am subscribing to?

And for Ripsnort: throw in the P-61 with it.

Plus Oscar and the A6M2...

Need the F4F... F2A...

I want all the planes that are missing and I want them NOOOWWWWW!!!!
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 11:35:01 PM »
lol :D  

Why the P40 hasnt already been added is beyond me.  If HTCincludes it for 1.10, then I'll be a giddy school girl for a few weeks.  If they decide not to then I'll still be a giddy school girl... I'm happy with ANY new additions :D

oct out

(dont start to think oct is always a giddy school girl........ only on Tuesdays and Fridays. ;))
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2002, 12:26:11 AM »
...but, we just gotta have more SPITS first!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline ZeroPing

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2002, 12:40:30 AM »
I think HT should work on each country for each update... IJN USA etc etc.. I my self do NOT know how hard it is to skin and model and code all of this but i would say mabye every update get like 2 buffs and 2 fighters? IMHO that would be cool... After each update fix the bugs and what not... then do a REAL poll and find what country should be updated and a selected few can pick planes ;) (of corse thats me all the time.. jk) And mabye they can add a few eye candies or a NEW MAP!?!?!?! I'm not saying just work on new planes... We still need are better spits... we HAVE to many the customers happy ;) but that is all IMHO..

Peace

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2002, 03:35:16 AM »
Ben Afllec was flying in the MA tonight.

He said Kate Beckensale kissed like a week old herring. He also said he was fond of men.

Finally he called someone a 'fat f***' on channel 1 before dissappearing althogether.

Hollywood stars, eh?:rolleyes:
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2002, 07:42:47 AM »
I think I could learn to like kissing week-old herrings then.  She's pretty easy on the eyes.

To whoever missed Pearl:  go rent it.  With DVD you easily
skip the boring stuff.  The RAF air combats, the attack on Pearl, and the Doolittle raid scenes are well worth the rental cost of this flick.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2002, 09:58:15 AM »
I understand perfectly why the P-40 has not been added yet: HTC is just now getting to the early war plane set and Battle of Britain took priority. I certainly love flying the Spit I with the fuel cutting out and the 109E skin is sweet. I am not much of a Hurricane fan regardless of its historical significance :p Same goes for the 110.

I am just whining because someone dared to say that the demand for the P-40 was a whim triggered by a cheesy Hollywood movie :p
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2002, 10:22:26 AM »
Originally posted by ZeroPing
I think HT should work on each country for each update...

I think HTC gets a good chuckle out of all these posts  :)
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&