Author Topic: Bomber Idea  (Read 135 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Bomber Idea
« on: August 10, 2002, 01:49:21 PM »
Firstly sorry for bugging you in main while you were trying to fly HT :)

Secondly i hope this is the right place to post this message. if its not please direct me to the right forum!

I've had the idea of expanding on the current bomber formation feature, it would be good if you could add more bombers to the formation at the expense of perk points - This could be only available at large fields.

To avoid lag and stupid sized bomber formations i think it should be limited to a reasonable number.  i.e 10-20 bombers per formation.

Any comments?

thx

oh, change back to the old system of bomb aiming please!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Bomber Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 02:37:07 PM »
Since all of the bombers except for the Ar-234 aren't perked, how about something like 5 perk points for another 3-plane 'V' formation, maximum of two additional formations? The additional formations would fly in a 'V' formation on your formation, with the lead plane in each additional formation following you, and the two others following that plane. You'd still have the ugliness of maneuvering limitations, with the additional problem of the lead plane in the other groups taking their whole formation off to blow up if they get lost. However, with a much wider bombing swath and up to three times the number of bombs, a single formation could do much more damage.

However, there should also be a mechanism to allow a gunner to join at least each formation (up to three for a full nine-plane group), if not one gunner per plane. Otherwise, all it would take to take down a large buff formation with impunity would be a maximum of three fighters -- two to attract the fire of the pilot and gunner, and one to attack without opposition.