Author Topic: How about one of these in AH?  (Read 94 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
How about one of these in AH?
« on: April 14, 2002, 05:43:57 AM »
I was in the CT on the Tunisia map in a tank the other day, when a solitary Hurrican began strafing me. It kind of reminded me of the SAS raids duing the desert campaign, and how nice it would be to have the vehicles they used:

The jeeps were heavily armed with combinations of both Browning and Vickers K machine guns. The ex-aircraft Vickers weapons were generally mounted in pairs and a total of up to five machine guns were carried on some vehicles. The effectiveness of this armament firing a mix of ball, armour-piercing and tracer shells can be judged from one assault on an airfield where 12 aircraft were destroyed in a five minute raid. With all guns blazing a single SAS jeep could deliver an impressive 5000 rounds per minute! The net result was that over 400 aircraft had been destroyed on the ground by November 1942. [Captain David] Stirling was finally captured in 1943 but escaped four times before being sent to Colditz where he spent the rest of the war.

Any ideas as to how thye could be made useful?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2002, 05:50:27 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2002, 05:49:31 AM »
Another picture taken from here
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2002, 06:45:58 AM »
Awooga!  That jeep looks so cool! :)  Could be used as a scout vehicle but exactly to what use we could incorporate it for I really don't know.

Cheers for the images!

Regards
NEXX

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2002, 06:57:48 AM »
Scout veichle could be cool but need to get rid or dar etc otherwise it would serve no purpose.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2002, 07:47:32 AM »
it would have a use as recon sweeping ahead of armor and m3's. Especially in the ct. I suspect though it would be made to uber as the m16 and m3 are now (able to fire accurately while moving).

I quick strafe with 303s should kill it. Its speed and manuverability will be its best defense. However they were prone to roll. Much rather have an allied tank to oppose the panzer (t34 ideally but any one will do)