Author Topic: Jug drivers think they own the high sky, or what?  (Read 252 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Jug drivers think they own the high sky, or what?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2002, 10:09:15 AM »
zzzzz...
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2002, 10:39:59 AM »
I almost never take my jug over 15k. takes too much time, get too little action.

channel 1 is constantly squelched. opened only after a good fight for giving .

we have the spit IX-HF model. no wonder it's good at alt - that is what it's supposed to do.

fighting a spit with a jug co-E?
the other guy better be a newbe or you'd better be Drex.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2002, 12:06:10 PM »
There are a large group of sim pilots that self appoint themselves aces.  The great thing they have to help in their disillusion is taking a plane like the jug, and if they die they have the “my plane is tougher to fly then yours” excuse already built in.  In Dago’s case, if they were in spits the conclusion would have probably ended the same.  With that much altitude to play with, plane performance is not a huge obstacle.  Secret:  Geometry and Energy State.  (don’t let it get out that you know this).  When you look at a spit and that is all you see.  Odds are…your going to lose.

Drex

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2002, 12:24:54 PM »
No expert by any freaking means, but I feel that if you die in the P-47 you pretty much knew you were going to before you engaged.  The plane keeps you fairly safe if you don't fly stupid and with an ENY of 40 it has it's advantages for the perk poor.

The P-47D-11 has 2623 kills and has been killed 1785 times.  (Even a dweeb like me is 70:28 in it.)

...against the dreaded Spit 9...

The P-47D-11 has 215 kills and has been killed 163 times against the Spitfire Mk IX.

Offline Ductape

• Copper Member
      • http://www.planetductape.com
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2002, 01:34:47 PM »
A very cool discussion has come out of the original post, but as I have been mulling it over and over in my tiny little pea-sized brain, suddenly it hit me what was wrong with this picture.
The original post was a whine about someone whining!
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNKKK!!:eek:
End of discussion! Whining is totally pointless in this game. You don't get perks or points for it.(even though some people do not seem to be aware of this!) And all the whining does for me is over-torque my wingnuts! No matter what altitude it is done at.:) :cool:
~The pilot that flies alone, dies alone~