Author Topic: Current CT Pac setups are way, way too hard on the Japanese  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Current CT Pac setups are way, way too hard on the Japanese
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2002, 10:39:05 PM »
I am one F4U pilot guaranteed to stay and fight- that's what I go to the CT to do. In fact, the only thing that runs me outta there is the lack of aerial combat at times.

Ask Brady- I went for his LVT three times, died all three, looked around, saw it was land grab night and left. Nothing wrong with that play of course, it just isn't what I want to do with the few minutes I have to fly...

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2002, 01:22:53 AM »
Karnak to answer your question about the Frank. I am prety shure the reasion the George is perked is because the model we is a late war plane, If we had a Frank and it was set in the approparate time frame I am shure it would not be perked, or restricted at least in my set up's. I plan on doing a late war pac set up in 3 or so weeks, in fact it will be as late as one can get Aug. 1945 Russians vs Japanese no CV's set in the Kuriel IS. NUTTZ is doing the finial touches on the map and I can not wait to run it:)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2002, 01:24:56 AM »
Kieran, come in higer next time m8t:)

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2002, 02:03:36 AM »
Likely the KI84 would be introduced into a bit earlier than realistic setups (at least in mine) to give IJN some aircraft choice.

If I didnt say it before, it seems, so far, the JU88 hasn't been a big player in the gameplay of the CT Mindanao setup.  Therefore, as it is a German plane, I will likely remove it from next Mindanao CT setup.  

Jarbo

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2002, 02:20:56 AM »
My info has the Ki-84-Ia's first combat in March, 1944 in the CBI Theatre.  The 22nd Sentai flew it into combat over Hankow, China where it faced mainly obsolecent P-40s.  Not surprisinly it did very well.  Five weeks later the 22nd Sentai was sent to the Philipines where the rougher conditions caused the rot to set it.  Reliability then became an issue, however the Ki-84s did very well when they worked and were not hugely outnumbered.

The first Chutai to convert to the Ki-84 was in September of 1943.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2002, 07:26:37 AM »
Couldn't; I was alone and you had dropped the troops. My mistake was going for you first. I needed to kill the troops, not you.

When I first caught you guys coming in I killed yer bud and was wounded. I had to finish what I could, then reup. I saw your friend respawn and I knew the base was doomed. I made a game of it, but after the base was lost I looked around and saw people were going for real estate and not flying. I didn't have time for that game so I went to the MA for a while- which was ok, I hadn't been there in a week or two anyway.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2002, 10:27:34 AM »
Ahh to bad :( after that we uped to take the V base N of their had some good dog fights up that way till the big freaze, aparentaly everyone had the game lock up on them. Then we faught our way into that large base up N from thier, was fun:)

So your in game name is .......?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2002, 11:24:01 AM »
Dolomyte=Kieren

I had worked all weekend (I am taking courses correspondence, I teach full-time, teach night courses occasionally, soccer and softball coach, dad, husband, etc.) and had only a few minutes to fly and fight. I popped in, saw Allies were low in numbers, and landed on the active base. I saw two zekes and upped an F4U figuring I would get vultched. One other Allied was up, but he flew off after we got the Zekes. I nailed a TBM and two Zekes, all of which totally ignored me and went for buildings, VH, and ack. I knew then you guys were coming.

I flew the beach line until I saw the dots. I wasn't sure if they were ours or theirs, so I dropped in. By the time the dots turned to icons I was in gun range, and took some hits right away. I killed that LVT, was wounded, and pulled vertical as I blacked out. I came to rolling to the port side, but fortunately was set up for a run. I laid into you for a long burst, but you were stronger than the other LVT. You got me.

I reupped and went straight in for you because you were near the city, and I figured you had to be near dead. More hits on you, but no explosion. You took my wing and I saw the troops drop.

I reupped, this time came in a bit higher. Could still see the troops, but I wanted to kill you. You had to be near dead. Nope. I hit you again for another long burst but died once more.

I reupped one more time and just as I lifted off I was hit by my own ack as the field changed hands.

A little disgusted with how that had turned out (the results were inevitable so long as you guys were willing to respawn, so I knew it was lost to begin with) I looked at the map. Popping to the northern fields showed no enemy air activity. There was no way to immediately get back to the base we had just lost, and I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I had only about 20 minutes or so left to fly, and I wasn't going to spend it that way.

Don't take this to imply you guys did anything wrong- you didn't. Sometimes I have time to play that way, but usually I don't. My time restraints prevent me from playing that type of game most of the time. The bases are there to be captured, and you guys did what you needed to do to get it.

*Edited a spelling error.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2002, 12:47:31 PM by Kieran »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2002, 11:43:31 AM »
It is always interesting to see it from the other side:), I had no damage till your last pass I lost my 50cal on that one, was watinig to let lose with my 30 cal when the ack killed you, I was hoping you were out to kill me and ignore the troops, thats why I let them out that far out, heck that LVT is so slow it is almost as if they walk faster than it drives:)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2002, 10:36:34 PM »
N1k2 is slower than every american plane, yet it is perked .

I just stopped in the CT . Here's what was going on,   zekes vs  p51s, f4us, f6s. Needless  to say the american planes were pretty much massacreing the zekes with impunity .

The best IJN fighter we currently have is a mediocre fighter, it doesn't warrant being perked . It is a spitIX except with weaker guns and bad high alt performance .

To put it into perspective,  the japanes planeset is so craptacular that it has been augmented with the C202, lol .

The pac planeset in AH is at a disadvantage to the japanese as it is . I don't agree that service introduction dates are reason enough to skew it further . If IJN and IJAA had a more complete planeset then yes .
« Last Edit: April 23, 2002, 11:27:29 PM by Samm »

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2002, 12:22:47 AM »
which is why the 38 and 51 should be based in the home fields ONLY and 51 perked because of its insane ability to run.

Just like the n1k should and will remain perked.. it can dominate any non-p51 rides without much effort.

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2002, 12:28:46 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
Just like the n1k should and will remain perked.. it can dominate any non-p51 rides without much effort.

Only in Mandoland .

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2002, 05:53:42 AM »
Originally posted by Tac

LOL,  The F4, P-47, ..especially P38 and P-51, all dominate the N1k. If you are in either of these AC and don't like the situation, just leave the fight. or extend while another pony makes a pass at  the N1K. Your turn to take a shot at the N1K. Repeat process.

If you are low and a high N1K shows up, you may be in trouble, but is that so different than any other high enenmy fighter showing up?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2002, 08:37:22 AM »
ammo, has a point, espichaly since they neautered the George this has been a problem with it, it was a problem before but not such a glaring one.

The plane is simply slow, by comparison, I wounder how this is going to effect the Ki 84, It has( I am prety shure) the same engine as the George does.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2002, 10:18:42 AM »
The Frank is flat out faster than the George. It won't be as fast as the La7, but down low it will give everything fits. What it can't outrun it will outturn, and what it can't outturn it will outrun. I'd take a Frank over a George any day.