Author Topic: SALUTE for great time in the dueling arena  (Read 237 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
SALUTE for great time in the dueling arena
« on: April 18, 2001, 12:31:00 AM »
In the afternoon I visited the TA and had a nice couple of fights with Ammo. He suggested we go to the DA to avoid others wanting to furball. After we got started we had some real knuckle whitening TnB fights in the canyon and furball Island. It was fantastic.

<S> to Ammo, 1Vik, Exile and a couple others for a great time. Great fights guys.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2001, 01:24:00 AM »
The dueling arena is a great place to spend some time. Our squad spends some time in there each week. What really kicks is getting 8 or so of your squaddies together, and fighting another squad in an historically correct planeset, like 109g10 vs. P51d, etc. The side with the last plane in the air wins. Surprisingly, the 109 has won most of the time.

Anyways, yeah, the dueling arena can be a blast...

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
was a blast Mav, enjoyed it thoroughly

Look for you in there form time to time

<S>  ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2001, 03:43:00 AM »
I even managed to get into the FDB for a night to fight against the assasins.  I think we split wins and losses evenly.  If I remember right it was: p51b vs 109g10, the side that had the 109g10 won easily.  We then switched so we flew the 109g10 and we won without a loss.

I think we then did spit5 vs 109f4.  The spits had no problems with the 109f4 thanks to the magic Hispanos.  We then switched and the 109f4s got blown away again.

------------------
bloom25
-MAW-
(Formerly of the)
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2001, 07:52:00 AM »
We had a nice 5 vs 5 session in there last night, <S> to all that participated.  I love doing A/C match ups like that...we tend to learn the quirks that way.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
Bloom, your memory is going south. As I remember it, The Assassins beat you guys every time.

Yeah, Yeah thats the ticket.  

Great fights.