Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2002, 05:47:15 PM »
Oh finally A feild with a food court.:D

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 03:31:03 AM »
Yup, orbiter.  I "borrowed" AH forum here to put the image on the net and linked it to the ORBITER forum.

I built that airbase this last weekend.  The latest version of ORBITER has 35 bases on the Earth, but all but three consisted of a landing pad that had no texture on it.  Quite litterally you start out in the middle of nowhere with no buildings of any kind near you.  Your rocket just sits in the dirt.

So, I built a simple airbase.  I also edited the Earth.cfg file to reduce the number of bases from 35 to 13.  I was getting carpal tunnel syndrome renaming that airbase file 35 times to replace the old launch sites.  

There are three launch pads, the two obvious ones near the control tower (a control tower which is actually a bit of the Brighton Beach moon base I borrowed), and another accross from the hangers.  Thats the funky looking tank with the skinny tower on it.  For those that don't know, alot of the add-on ships sit in mid air like the Shuttle Atlantis.  The launch pad at Cape Canaveral exists and is about 28 feet in the air.  However, the ship doesn't sit on the polygon, but actually sits on the ground.  If you place the ship's starting point on another airbase it floats in mid air.

Thus, I made a crude pad that has a 28 foot tall concrete cylander under it, and a tower along side it.  Now you can launch the Atlantis shuttle from pad 3 and not look wierd.

Hans.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 03:34:33 AM »
More pics.  I need to teach a guy how to fly.  FYI, if you thought Falcon 4 was difficult, Orbiter may be too hard for you too.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 03:35:33 AM »
jj

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2002, 07:38:30 AM »
Built this moonbase tonight, but haven't textured it yet.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2002, 01:18:39 PM »
Originally posted by LtHans
Yup, orbiter.  I "borrowed" AH forum here to put the image on the net and linked it to the ORBITER forum.
Hans.

Ingenious, but I rather like the paste feature. If enough people catch on and use the same trick you used, HTC will turn it off.:eek:
sand