Author Topic: HiTech/Pyro....Perk Point Suggestion!!  (Read 749 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
HiTech/Pyro....Perk Point Suggestion!!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
LePaul, regarding goon calls, ya just gotta know who to listen to  .

Ofnte, the fields where there is a massive kniggit presence isn't the best - it draws attention to it and the field is never fresh - meaning it's unpredictable with regards to acks and hangars up.

me, I fly goons occasionally, and almost always for off the main front runs 8doesnt mean a milkrun, however).

There are also some people who are notorious for calling the goon way too late. Usually when our squad is operating and we have enough people online for an attack but not a goon driver along with it, we call the goon when we're closing on field and relatively unopposed. Like the Arado strike yesterday  . That way we can take out hangars and acks relatively quickly, let the bombers fly home and let the JABO's climb for cap

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"Live to pull, pull to live"

Offline Tumbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
My .02$

The biggest problem with some of the planes I can see is the 4 Cannon combinations on some of the planes. I hate to fly the F4U1-C because I can get kills with the most insane shots. All you have to do is spray and hope for a couple strikes and instead of minor damage the plane comes apart. Any plane that has that kind of power (IMHO) should be perked.

(Case in Point) The other night I flew the F4U1-C and engaged a fighter who was climbing away from me and was really in no danger, so at 700 + and moving away I started spraying and hit him a couple times! I can understand a lucky shot once in a while, but this seems to be the norm when dealing with heavily armed fighters.

I assume that cannon rounds were less available and more costly so it might make sense to perk them. Or mabye if you want to use a variant with 4+ cannons you have to pay perk points.

I don't mind being engaged by a superior plane and being beaten but being blown apart with snapshots really sucks. Mabye that's just me..

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
StSanta...

Be happy to honor your goon calls now that I know you guys defend your own!  Skipper was doing his best to help me out the other night, and Dumas was overhead in a Arado...a\only so much he can do besides bait the fighters away from my parked goon.

What really really irks me is when someone tells you to hold off on goon, and then *magically* someone has ignored those warnings, got a goon/m3 through and they get the capture.  Meanwhile I've beena good boy, listening to the tanks/fighters up ahead who told me it was too hot to fly in.  I just hate knowing I've sacrificed grabbing a bomber or figher, to sit there for so long, only to fly back empty handed.  Sure, yea team, we got the base.

So, I'm tending to pay attention to the missions more, and who flies in Squads.  Im a newbie trying out for the 332nd and I'm really impressed how much more fun the game is when you have a few guys all working together.

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
We need to get Perk points for shooting down the Consistant Whiners..

Towd = 20.0
Ram = 50.0
Spivey = 20.0
Laz = 45.0
Minus = 60.0

And so on... This would be the ultimate high point sorties.

Dog out........

Moose11

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2001, 03:00:00 PM »
I shot down Lazs in my perked G10.

I had the advantage only because of the plane. Had I been in a 202, he would have killed me.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
Perk the STAFF!  Ole HiTech was all over my gooney  week ago with his Niki.  I did everything I could do <laugh> to evade him, evil pulling a loop.  He was nice enough to let me recover, then shoot me down.

Yea....hehe...staff kills definetly worth some points.  Hear than, C++ Boy? LOL.

And about perking whiners...surely you jest!  Just IMAGINE how long these threads will get!

If you are going to do that, heck, perk the sheep.

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »

Originally posted by Tumbler:
... I started spraying and hit him a couple times! ...

An introduction of gun barrel overheating would severely limit such spraying.
 Other then losing some speed there seems to be no penalty for emptying the whole clip in one burst.

miko

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 03-12-2001).]