Author Topic: Bombing at 10/15K  (Read 269 times)

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Bombing at 10/15K
« on: April 22, 2002, 08:58:55 PM »
I was wondering if there are any methods of bomb at high alt with out a bomb site?

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
Methods
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 01:35:34 AM »
AFAIK there are three methods to bomb from those medium altitudes without a bombsight:

1. Once near the target, roll inverted and push the stick forward (climb with the belly up), while working the target to the center of your up view. Throttle down, drop flaps, gears and whatnot over the target, pull down vertically (I prefer max zoom once aiming down), aim, and release the bomb(s). Now zoom to your original alt.

2. Same as above, but just do a split-s and drop the bomb(s) the moment your target disappears under the nose. You don't loose that much alt, but theres Zen involved in hitting something or

3. Dive towards your target from a distance and level out just above the target. Drop the bombs aiming with the lower part of the circle in this sight or about that point while going max speed. Zoom climb to original alt.

As always, I strongly recommend reading the various training pages mentioned around this forum. The information there and some training made me get about 90% hit probability using method 1.

Ahh, you can also select a field map in the clipboard, hit the drop-down list over the map that says "Normal world" normally ;) and select the type of field you're attacking. Now choose a fine target. Personally, I prefer to Jabo Radar and Fuel. Look up enemy field status in the STRAT menu and choose a target that makes the situation there worse.