Author Topic: Perk point adjustment for RTB  (Read 797 times)

lazs

Perk point adjustment for RTB
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
yeah... just what we need... people aren't timid enough now???  the whole arena has turned into a (cough) cautious gangbang or be gangbanged, get the fastest plane available and run away the instant u percieve you might have lost the advantage...  Yeah let's reward that crap.  

Guys who fly slow planes will just have to get out of em or get out of the game.   serves em right.   I don't give a crap about perk points an have a bunch that I won't use in all likelyhood but.... if the perks force others to act even more timidly then they are  bad for me.  
lazs

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2001, 09:50:00 PM »
I would like to see something a tad more extreme.  Landing equals 100% perkies, while getting your arse shot down means ZERO perkies, with ditching in freindly teritory being 25% or something, NME teritory 5%.

Now THAT should make it more reasonable, as you really consider landing those 4 kills instead of diving in on that last Spit.

This in combination with ultra low perk costs for overused planes would revamp the arena.  (( 2-3 perkies for overused planes for example )).

[This message has been edited by 2Late4U (edited 04-22-2001).]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »
Here's a better twist: Get perks ONLY when you land and ef the plane on rwy.

What? Afraid of runstang syndrome? Kamikaze pilots should not get perkies, less HO's, less stall and spray, less unrealistic fights.

Flame away, I got me marshmellow ready!

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2001, 11:36:00 PM »
Even better yet, add a multiplier. The first flight you get 75% if you land the second land in row you get 80% the 3rd 85% you get the drift. Anyway it keeps going up each succesfull landing in a row, once you die it starts at 75% again. It not only encourages landing but it encourages it to be done every flight.

------------------