Author Topic: More Cougar info  (Read 122 times)

Offline jconradh

• Zinc Member
More Cougar info
« on: April 26, 2002, 11:35:41 PM »
Hi all! :D
Demand was so good we ordered 5 more Cougars.  There are 4 of the 10 that can still be ordered.  The cost will be $264 plus shipping to North America only.
If you would like one please visit:

http://www.ccusaonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

Regards,

Jeff Hunt
Computer Connection USA
904 S. Wayne Rd.
Westland, MI 48186
734-467-6150

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
More Cougar info
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 01:54:55 AM »
"LIMITED STOCK: Five units are available on a, "First come, first serve basis".
Because this is a CCUSA special product, there are NO RETURNS once the product is shipped."

I don't mean to be a total bastard here, but gimme a break.  http://www.fscentral.com/thrushotcoug.html - Same ship date, $15 more, and they'll stand behind the product.  I don't doubt your good intentions in selling this product, but NO RETURNS?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
More Cougar info
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 02:13:09 AM »
SOB, I save return shipping on the Saitek every 6 months by throwing it away and getting a new one.

See, it's a great stick. Mouse control on the throttle, and American owned landfill operator friendly.

Communist.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
More Cougar info
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 05:09:04 AM »
Yeah, I may be a communist, but can your stick be used to bludgeon uppity neighbor kids to death?  I didn't think so.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline jconradh

• Zinc Member
More Cougar info
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 07:28:58 AM »
The no returns is not a warranty issue as Thrustmaster stands behind their product.  This is to avoid the occasion where someone places an order, we ship it in good faith and they refuse the order, for whatever strange reason a customer may, and we are stuck for the freight.  Once that happens we have lost money on the deal.  The only way the owner would order these was if I promised to sell them all and I made sure she kept the price almost to our cost.  Our store is a member of the BBB and we certainly stand behind our products.  All of our special orders (which the Cougar is) are NO RETURN products.
Hope this is clear...

Jeff

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
More Cougar info
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2002, 08:35:58 AM »
Originally posted by jconradh
The no returns is not a warranty issue as Thrustmaster stands behind their product.  This is to avoid the occasion where someone places an order, we ship it in good faith and they refuse the order, for whatever strange reason a customer may, and we are stuck for the freight.  Once that happens we have lost money on the deal.  The only way the owner would order these was if I promised to sell them all and I made sure she kept the price almost to our cost.  Our store is a member of the BBB and we certainly stand behind our products.  All of our special orders (which the Cougar is) are NO RETURN products.
Hope this is clear...

Jeff

What he says is true for most online businesses that deal with technology and computer equipment.  Because the margins are so thin, the only way they can cover their shipping costs is to either (a) no accept returns or (b) pass the costs along to the other consumers who purchase the product.  Personally, I'd rather not pay some other guy's bills.  

Now, I'm not really in the market to buy a high-end stick at the moment (my old gameport CH Products Combatstick and pedals are still working) but I am keeping the Cougar setup in mind.  Looks like a nice rig.