Author Topic: I want P-51 tips  (Read 150 times)

Offline Sleight

• Zinc Member
I want P-51 tips
« on: April 30, 2002, 05:03:50 PM »
How to fly the pony, how to keep myself alive when someone's on my tail, those sorts of things...or will you all be nasty and force me to get killed several hundred thousand times before I learn by myself? :p
« Last Edit: April 30, 2002, 08:38:32 PM by Sleight »

Offline Don

• Silver Member
I'm moving away from Spitfires
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 11:51:07 AM »
Sleight:
Ya gotta start somewhere :)
The thing which will be important is the type of a/c you switch to flying. If it's an E fighter then your transition will take a while; you will have some bad habits acquired from flying TnB planes like the Spitty. Learn E tactics (not to be confused with Boom and Zoom) and practice them. Get familiar with climb rates, compression speeds, roll rate etc. Then practice on and offline til you get confident in your new ride.
Good Luck.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Re: I want P-51 tips
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 02:17:07 PM »
Originally posted by Sleight
How to fly the pony, how to keep myself alive when someone's on my tail, those sorts of things...or will you all be nasty and force me to get killed several hundred thousand times before I learn by myself? :p  

Well, as one of the top players in AH in the "getting shot down" category, and having successfully transitioned from getting shot down in the SpitV to getting shot down in the P38, I can offer the following advice:

**>> BE PATIENT <<**

You're going from an A/C that you can jerk around to an AC that has to be flown with a soft touch.  Get used to missing one pass, extending, and lining up for another.  It's not as visceral as TnB, but it has its virtues.

I get killed more in the P38 by getting into a hurry and bleeding E excessivly than from anything else.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&