Author Topic: anyone here race there cars?  (Read 977 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
anyone here race there cars?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2002, 08:50:12 AM »
Originally posted by Sikboy

Ooooh the Pinnacles!

I once got stuck in the mud out there. Had to walk all the way into Trona to get a ride back to town lol.

-Sikboy

Used to be the party spot for rock climbers and wannabees like me back in the 70's. I haven't seen the Pinnacles since 1976 or '77.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2002, 02:00:51 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
"all the f@gs where i live who have "street racers" cars are gay little rich kids who own a civic with racing tires and a ungodly huge fin on the trunk. which IMO dosnt do anything for the car but make you look stupid!"

Or the "shotgun-style" chrome tailpipe they usually have.

I make it a point to laugh at anyone who owns a car like that.  ESPECIALLY if they're retarded enough to think it's "fast".

J_A_B

actually a good exhaust setup coupled with a few other basic mods can give you a good boost in HP

My 1996 Saturn SC2:
Injen cool air intake
hotshot ceramic coated headers
sps cat back exhaust with dynomax muffler
15" jax light 12lb. wheels - goodyear p195/(205s in back)60R15 radials
custom cut short shifter
sps front tower brace
sps rear 17.5mm anti-swaybar
kyb struts
eibach springs

my little rocket smokes most civics out there. you're right, those guys think they can add a huge muffler on there that make their car sound like a gocart and they think they'll get 50hp out of it. no one ever teaches them the basics on how an engine works regarding airflow.

I prolly get about an extra 20hp or so, havent run dyno tests on it yet but even that feels like a hell of a lot because saturns are like fieros - light as hell with that composite body. only 2400 pounds.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2002, 02:07:12 PM »
Oh no!
They've gotten to moose!

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2002, 02:08:02 PM »
Originally posted by JoeDirt
btw, im gettin a mustang.

sorry but i think ponys are gay and are not fast. Well newer mustangs (1990-now). if you are going to get a street racer have some class and get a classic muscle car and sup it up. I hate these kids who buy a new mustang 5.0 off the lot and try to race with them.
YOU JUST LOOK FOOLISH!

I have friends who sup up there mustangs,  and i just let them talk about it. but in the back of my head i am laughing at them.
"so U think your a racer and try to out run all other ponys just makes you look dumb and wast tires."

Do you "street racers" think you will get a chick by flooring your car at street lights and acting all bad ass? let me know in 5 years if any girl cares if you own a fast car.

I own a 1989 mustang because it was $1000 and i use it as a winter beater. I hate the thing so much i dont put any oil in the damn thing, it leaks 2qts of oil a week. I have a pan under the car to catch the oil so i can put the black thick toejam back in the car. The only thing i do to the car is put gas in it.
I even have studmuffins try to race me at street lights in my 4 banger LX. i think sure race me let the cop at the corner catch you you dumb horse turd.

I also own a 1968 falcon and im restoring a 1961 london austin taxi.

my thought is "TO EACH THERE OWN"

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
race this!
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2002, 02:15:30 PM »
this is the austin london taxi im restoring, i have about a year left untill it looks like this one. :D

but if your in michigan you can park your hot rods at my house and we will go out on the town in this beast (holds 6)! :D

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2002, 02:15:51 PM »
I use to have a 77 Mustang II Cobra in high school was a cool ride...light and very quick.. use to run down those Civic SI's:D :cool:

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2002, 02:27:41 PM »
I really can't slam anybody elses rides. All I own right now is an '88 ranger and a '98 Mazda MPV. But chaos 68, what are you thinking? I hope that post was a troll. I'd rather have a late model pocket rocket rather than an ugly money pit like that! --->

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2002, 02:30:17 PM »
I do not street race, but I do Drag Race. Since I make my living as an engine builder (I own a race engine shop), I play all the time. I own a 1984 Buick TType Regal 3.8 V6 Turbo, a 1983 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a 500 horsepower 455, a 4 speed automatic and 4.11:1 locker rear, and a 1970 Chevy K30 4X4 with a 500 horsepower 468. I drive a 98 Firebird with the 3800 Series II V6. Hopefully in a couple years I'll find a nice 53 Studebaker for my nasty project.

Got some real neat toys in the shop right now, including a 406 Rodeck Chevy that makes 780 horsepower, and a 3.8 Buick V6 turbo that will make about 575 or more. There's also a Saleen Mustang (89 model) with a Paxton VR2 and Trick Flow heads and intake on a blueprinted 302.

I'm still hoping to move up to a pair of turbocharged Allisons and the proper plane attached. One of these days I'll make it.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2002, 04:27:37 PM »
Originally posted by hblair
I hope that post was a troll. I'd rather have a late model pocket rocket rather than an ugly money pit like that! --->

nope :D

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2002, 05:09:30 PM »
Sounds fun Virgil. What part of Tennessee? Into street rods any? If so, do you make it to the "Shades of the Past" run each fall?

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2002, 05:33:58 PM »
Originally posted by hblair
Sounds fun Virgil. What part of Tennessee? Into street rods any? If so, do you make it to the "Shades of the Past" run each fall?

Murfreesboro. No, I stay away from street rods now. No, sometimes we go to the muscle car/ street mechine event in April. Mostly I'm too busy working, and dealing with racing at the track. Having cars running on dirt, asphalt, and drag strips keeps me busy.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SageFIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2002, 05:36:24 PM »
I'd cream you all with my Nissan Micra -97 1.0 Avec. Sixty cubic inches of absolute power (totalling at 55HP, that is). Just a little tweaking and I can make 0-60 MPH in less than infinite time.

Seriously, the Micra is extremely fun to drive. Installing a powerful engine in one would make for a nice and very quick ride (the whole thing weighs about 2000 lbs). Like at the UK Micra Sports Club where they have 140BHP Micra K10 (that's 140BHP from a 57 cid engine, quite an achievement). Engine like that in a car an inconspicous as the Micra would make for some very good opportunities to embarass other people :D

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2002, 05:47:06 PM »
i ain't got no bloody but my dad has this for 6 months out of the year :rolleyes:

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2002, 05:47:42 PM »
hoohhhhhhhahhhhhhhh

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2002, 07:10:57 PM »
Originally posted by superpug1
......i ain't got no bloody but my dad has this for 6 months out of the year

does your dad have one of those coffee can exhaust on that thing?  :D  

even if he races someone and he starts to lose he could always blow the living hell out of there car a mile down the track. :D