Author Topic: Hows this for an idea?  (Read 555 times)

Sturm

Hows this for an idea?
« on: March 13, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
Well flying for the bishops last night I soon started to see targets were getting fewer and fewer.  SO the next time I logged on I saw some severe action on the Nits borders.  SO I thought to myself hell why not so I started flying for them.  What I didn't realize was the other 2 outnumbered Nits 2-1 respectfully, and were both driving into the Territory.  I believe it is A54, the island base, was getting hammered so I grabbed a N1k1 and headed over there.  Upon arrival I shot down a B-26 took some dmg and had to land.  Next sortie ran into a low alt TBM and dispatched it.  Followed behind were 3 F4U's, dispatched them with relative ease, and collided with another TBM.  SO now I am back on base and get vulched three times in a row by my friend for 2 years bradys5.  He calls me up and says what the hell are you doing?  My response was wtf did you do that for?  Code of ethics from another flight sim don't hold in here I found out "  Yadayadayada, they took the base for I was never able to get back up again, and the number grew to 15 around the base.  Out of the 2-3 runs I had on that base my perks were about 5 or so for quite a few kills and the odds I had to deal with.  Wonder if it is possible to award more perk points to a disadvantaged fighter that survives/gets a kill?  Would be a nice incentive for the team that has the fewest flyers.  Also got my first TA-152 last night and appropriately lost it on the first mission, whoo got that over with quickly.  BTW TA-152 should not be perked, the D-9 should  ~  I also think this 12 hour ban from switching countries is a little harsh, who wants to fly for a country that has nothing and very little land and no flyers?  You might see more switch to the under dog side if the time was a little more reasonable.  I could understand an hour or even 30 minutes but 12?      

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
If I understand the point of your story correctly I think I agree with it.

In addition to comparing the point values of the planes when earning perks, it'd be nice if also included a ratio of the numbers on your side vs the target plane's side.

Pile-on vulchers who fly for the largest side would score fewer points, and the underdog fliers would be rewarded with more perk points.

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by oboe:
Pile-on vulchers who fly for the largest side would score fewer points, and the underdog fliers would be rewarded with more perk points.

Great idea!  There are a couple other threads which mention this idea also and a large majority think it would be a great idea.

-Ding

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Hell no...terrible idea.  Then those damn ASSassins would always have higher perk points.  

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by sling322:
Hell no...terrible idea.  Then those damn ASSassins would always have higher perk points.    

Well if they get the kills while being outnumbered, shouldnt they get some additional credit?  

-Ding

lazs

Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 11:28:00 AM »
yes... the perk system is not near complex or convoluted enough yet.   Perhaps overweight people should be given perks for having less stamina or having to hit the fridge more often?  More perk points for those with  inferior jsticks or computers?   don't have anyfreinds or not in a squad?   You deserve more perk points.
lazs

Moose11

Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
Hey Lazs,

Are you promoting more perks for yourself? "...don't have any friends..."

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »

Originally posted by Moose11:
Hey Lazs,

Are you promoting more perks for yourself? "...don't have any friends..."

LOL  

-Ding

lazs

Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
Well... I don't use the perks I have now.  As for friends... I have all that I can easily accomadate at this time.   Friends are a lot of work so I like to keep em to a manageable ammount.

some of my friends are getting a little long in the tooth tho so... If you would like , I will sent you an application when one of em dies.  Still... hard to imagine having a friend who would call himself "moose".
lazs  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by lazs:
Well... I don't use the perks I have now.  As for friends... I have all that I can easily accomadate at this time.   Friends are a lot of work so I like to keep em to a manageable ammount.

some of my friends are getting a little long in the tooth tho so... If you would like , I will sent you an application when one of em dies.  Still... hard to imagine having a friend who would call himself "moose".
lazs  

Lazs will always have a friend within me, since we both have the same disease called "Online Sim-itis"...Though we rarely agree on anything, he is certainly made of the same that you and I are! <S> LAZS!

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »
Ok Rip,
I'm getting a bit worried about you now.  Not because you gave a <S> to Lazs, but because of the sryup-filled content in this post and in the immersion thread.

I can only fear that the following has happened:

1.) Your wife has locked out every channel on the TV except for A.)Lifetime B.)Oprah.

2.) Your wife has hacked the net nanny and blocked all but the following sites A.) AH and HTC because do block this is just downright mean, B.) Oxygen Network

3.) You may actually be wearing your wife's clothes (this gets my vote).

4.)You wish that you were wearing your wife's clothes.

5.) You wish you were wearing Oprah's clothes. (Would probably fit better).

6.) You have started a new career as an Interior Decorator.

Please Rip, we can help.  We can de-program you, but we must act quickly!!

Cobra  

Moose11

Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
Well, of course he's wearing her panties - he's a knit, isn't he?

And lazs, you might think it's odd but most everyone that knows me well refers to me in RL (tm) as Moose.

Sturm

Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
My cats name is moose how ironic.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hows this for an idea?
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
I'll try to address these one at a time:

Cobra said:"I'm getting a bit worried about you now.  Not because you gave a <S> to Lazs, but because of the sryup-filled content in this post and in the immersion thread.

I can only fear that the following has happened:"

1.) Your wife has locked out every channel on the TV except for A.)Lifetime B.)Oprah.

NEGATIVE, Geeman insists that the History Channel stays on 24/7 since "The Black Sheep" are on twice a day, 5 days a week.

2.) Your wife has hacked the net nanny and blocked all but the following sites A.) AH and HTC because do block this is just downright mean, B.) Oxygen Network

I plead the 5th!

3.) You may actually be wearing your wife's clothes (this gets my vote).

Once, when I ran out of jeans. (She has an atheletic frame like me..  

4.)You wish that you were wearing your wife's clothes.
5th!

5.) You wish you were wearing Oprah's clothes. (Would probably fit better).
I have a jacket that's two sizes too big, and its a Sonics jacket...so, maybe subliminally!

6.) You have started a new career as an Interior Decorator.

No, wife still has that job except in two places, my office (all WW2 and Boeing memoribilia) and my Garage (a constant source of 'saturday cleaning' for me)

Please Rip, we can help.  We can de-program you, but we must act quickly!!

Over my dead boobies!...er I mean , body!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-13-2001).]