Author Topic: AHV RAdio Question?  (Read 406 times)

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
AHV RAdio Question?
« on: May 04, 2002, 07:33:12 PM »
1- The Range channel in AHVoice?, what is the range of it ,and who can hear you?. etc. who is tuned on it, the same pilots that are up from the same base, if sow, cant you talk to a pilot that tok up from another base and fly in your close arena?, or can all that are in a radius of 25miles copy you?,

2- The same question for the txt channel(room txt channel) ??

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 08:59:59 PM »
Range will transmit to anyone within icon range in your country. It might be a little farther out like 9k or so.

Channel wil transmit to anyone that is also tuned to the channel. 100-199 are your country only, and 200-299 will transmit to anyone in the game on the same channel (I believe thats correct, might want to double check).

You can see who you're going to transmit to inthe little voice box that comes up when you bring your radio up.

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 11:05:37 PM »

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2002, 03:34:51 AM »
Originally posted by GA
1- The Range channel in AHVoice?, what is the range of it ,and who can hear you?. etc. who is tuned on it,
The range of the Range channel is about 6k (icon range), though may be a little further.  To check who is in range, look at the list in the Vox roster, under Range - this will show a list of everybody who is currently in range and that you can talk to if they are listening (some may have the volume down if they don't wish to use it).  Anyone who comes within icon range, even if they took off from a different field, can appear on the Range channel.... if you are in a bomber, the gunner will also be in Range, although their GameID doesn't currently show in the Range list (will after next Patch, I believe).

2- The same question for the txt channel(room txt channel) ??
The Room text channel, although still purple, can be confusing since the Room/Range channel of AHVoice was introduced.  Room text only goes to others at the same field, or flying from the same field, regardless of who appears on the Room/Range vox roster.  Hopefully it may be linked with the Room/Range vox channel in a future patch, and be less confusing...  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2002, 04:34:58 AM »
Big thx for your replays .

Yep it have ben some confusing regarding the range tho;).

Hope they can use the same range for  both txt and vox in the next releace and maybee also set up a option on sliding the range for vox/txt!. to 10,20, 30 miles etc. and that all in that area can hear you!

xHaMmeRx, we are using your site on our website :o , did not check it there before i put this on the BBS:D.

"Copy on" the range on 6k out for all pilots that is in that range on vox and that the txt have range on only the pilots that tok of from same base !

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2002, 01:32:11 PM »
HaMmeR,
Excellent page on using the radio.  You might want to add the channel V option of clicking on SQUAD or MISSION, allowing voice comm with anyone in your squad or mission. I can only verify the squad option as we use it evey day and I haven't tried it on mission yet.
DJ229
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2002, 02:55:16 PM »
Originally posted by DAVENRINO
I can only verify the squad option as we use it evey day and I haven't tried it on mission yet.
DJ229
Yes, the Mission option is there;  however, I have noticed that the Mission vox channel can be heard during a mission even if you are not tuned to it.... just something to be aware of, as it is all too easy to "reply" on your current tuned channel by mistake.  :)  What I notice often happens is people taking part in missions tend to use the Range channel, either exclusively or to reply to the Mission radio channel - this means you can stay tuned to your Squad channel too, if preferred.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
AHV RAdio Question?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2002, 05:12:49 AM »
Originally posted by DAVENRINO
...  You might want to add the channel V option of clicking on SQUAD or MISSION, allowing voice comm with anyone in your squad or mission.....DJ229

Great, more for my "to do" list!:eek:

HaMmeR
netAces.org - Info, Tactics, and More!