Author Topic: help  (Read 265 times)

Offline iceman1

• Zinc Member
help
« on: May 06, 2002, 06:27:36 PM »
hello,
 1> How do you gain a certain amount of speed..(i want to go 350)

2>is there a roll button?

3>I have had this game for a week and I have killed 2 jets and 1 bomber. Why can't I turn fast?

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 11:27:16 PM »
Iceman1:

A question for you- are you new to flight sims?

Regarding your questions:

[list=1]
  • Getting above 350 MPH (IAS or TAS), 2 ways- (a)gain altitude then dive or (b) find a plane that can at level flight get 350 MPH and above (P-51D, LA-7, etc. etc.).
  • A roll button?  What kind of roll are you referrring to?  I'm assuming aileron rolls-  If you have a joystick, stick left to roll left, stick right to roll right.
  • Not sure what you're asking with your last question.  I'm assuming you mean why other folks are out turning you.  There can be a lot of reasons for this, not all intuitive.  For starters, some planes turn better than others.  If you like good turners- Spitfires, N1K2's, A6M5's, Hurricanes, F6F's are good planes to try out.

Hope this helps!

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
help
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 08:58:45 AM »
No there isn't a roll "button".

Aces High models realistic fly as closely as possible given the technolegy available.

To roll you need to have a joystick.

With 1 or 2 exceptions, to enjoy AH and have a chance at winning you must have a joystick.
Personally I recomend the MS Sidewinder Prec 2.
Its USB, good all in one stick for 50$.

If you do have a joystick and are just having trouble email me at billj69@btinet.net

I'll be glad to try to work with you.