Author Topic: Frame rate 'benchmark'  (Read 293 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Frame rate 'benchmark'
« on: May 03, 2002, 03:55:15 PM »
What can I use to compare different things I do to see if they increase or decrease my framerate?

I know smoke, other aircraft, etc will effect it ingame but I was just wondering what, if any, was a 'starnard' framerate check.
Something like Mindinao, at field #XX, in such and such a plane on tarmac pointing 'that-a-ways', internal view, offline with motor running.

I'm about to goto Dx8.1 and want to compare results.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Frame rate 'benchmark'
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 05:47:54 PM »
dunno if anyone has gone that far to compare frame rates. usually you can get a fairly good estimation just from observation. general observations such as being in the tower at a fairly busy airfield or in the air in a common combat situation is usually accurate enough to gauge the benefits of an upgrade if any. yes it's much more crude but it does the job for the majority of people flying and without near the hassle of trying to get everything just right.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Frame rate 'benchmark'
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 05:59:22 PM »
i think someone setup a benchmark FR test once, it was a B17 in a hanger with some parameters set and it would give you a benchmark FR, sorry , don't remember more

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Frame rate 'benchmark'
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 07:10:06 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
i think someone setup a benchmark FR test once, it was a B17 in a hanger with some parameters set and it would give you a benchmark FR, sorry , don't remember more

ndisles terrain
Field A1
B17 25% fuel, 24x250(?)lb bombs
spawn in hangar
engines running but idle
note forward view framerate

I get about 40fps in this situation with P3 733MHz 192MB SDRAM, 64MB GF2 at 1024x768x32bit.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Frame rate 'benchmark'
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2002, 10:04:10 PM »
i personally always use mindanao A2 facing north on runway in B17 engines runnin in cockpit offline.

SKurj

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Frame rate 'benchmark'
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 01:59:42 PM »
i personally kept buying new cpu's to keep up with frame rate demands, up to 1.8 gig, ok for now:)