Author Topic: Night's all right! :-)  (Read 359 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Night's all right! :-)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2002, 02:05:17 PM »
In the MA I play fighters, the sim part of AH, not bombers or GVs, the game part of AH.  Night fighting in AH is a joke with invisible planes and giant glow in the dark icons.  So fighters are right out.  And I have no interest in bombers or GVs until they make some major improvements in the modeling.

Its a game imposed breaktime. But it sucks when all I have is half an hour to play and I log into inky blackness.

Amen bro.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2002, 02:13:43 PM »
Night fighting in fighters vs fighters didn't exist Funked.

Icons should definitely become dim, dunno why they become dim under overcast but in the middle of night they look like glow-in-the-dark stickers......

Lazs, no WWII plane spent half it's time at night... except maybe the Lancaster.

Nevertheless 20 minutes out of, what I assume, 8 hours for day is much, much less than half the time. (in relation to reality where half a day constitutes 12 or so hours)

See what I mean?
-SW

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2002, 02:20:55 PM »
How about having some night fighters (late war) that are only available in the hanger at the onset of darkness?...Might add another dimension of fun...
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2002, 02:24:06 PM »
SW... this is the quote I was refering to..  "Half of WW2 was fought at night, on land sea and in the air! "

No... it was not... as you pointed out it was not fought at all at night fighter vs fighter.

As funked pointed out... the fluffs and GV are just so much... fluff in AH and not worth doing so having night for their sake is like shooting yurself in the foot.  

Are we going to model britans night bombing sights that allowed you to (on a good night) come within a couple of miles of your target?
lazs

Offline DES

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2002, 02:28:41 PM »
IT's nice that some enjoy night but I hate it. I fly fighters only, have 0 interest in bombers,ship guns or GV so night is a total waste for me. I get about 4 to six evenings  month that I can log on and play so when I log on to find it's dusk the swearing around here is pretty intense.

DES

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2002, 02:32:38 PM »
Originally posted by DES
IT's nice that some enjoy night but I hate it. I fly fighters only, have 0 interest in bombers,ship guns or GV so night is a total waste for me.  

[sarcasm]
And apparently, you're wrong for feeling this way.
[/sarcasm]
-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2002, 02:33:40 PM »
Amen Des.  Night is fine for CT or scenarios.  But the vast majority of people in the MA are there for fighter vs. fighter combat.  And night screws it up.  Just like you, I don't fly more then 2-3 times a week.  And when I've set aside an hour to practice in a fighter in the MA and it is ruined by dusk/dawn/night, it's very frustrating.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2002, 02:38:47 PM »
Lazs, I firmly believe that the bomber sights should be modelled as accurately as possible.

B17II had a great representation of the Norden bombsight.... I definitely think bombers should have this kind of sighting on them here in AH (well anything Norden equipped)...

every bomber should have it's bombsight modelled atleast half-realistically if they are to be considered realistic at all.... a timed delay with the sight on target for that amount of time is about all I can hope for. Nevermind locking the target and inputting wind, and altitude into the sight.

I fly fighters only, unless my squad needs me to do something else.

I can get kills at night, no problems... mostly cuz them neon billboards are screaming "please shoot me" at night.

I think the night aspect is fine as is, lengthening it or shortening it is simply unacceptable.

Perpetual sun shine in the MA makes any potential night attack a complete bust.

Especially with the newly updated no radar coverage under 500ft, this has potential for some very stealthy attacks.... I know you are opposed to it Lazs... nevertheless, that's only 20 minutes out of how ever many hours day light shines in the MA.

All I'm saying is, I like it as is and it has some merit as it's currently set in the MA.
-SW

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2002, 03:17:48 PM »
SW... I get kills at night too.   like you I feel it is pretty gamy tho.   I also hate the fact that there is so much less action at night.

As for only 20 minutes out of the day.....  Well that is a little misleading.   prime time is really only about  3-4 hours per day.   If night occurs right in the middle of prime time it screws up the whole day for a lot of us.   Now if you mean have the "night" occur at 3 in the AM PST then yeah... let it last a whole hour... I feel generous.
lazs