Author Topic: underdogs and most numbers  (Read 1430 times)

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
underdogs and most numbers
« on: August 13, 2001, 05:32:00 AM »
It is boring to fly with the country that have much more players (u fly around forever and see no conns when u finnally see one 5 others bunch him ), and it sucks to do nothing but defend when outnumbered.
So both parts really sucks actually, there should be done somthing with this, but dont know if its possible.
STrange thing is that there is never a reasonable balance with country and players there is always alteast 1 country that have 30 or 50 % more players than the lowest country, and when its like this ofcourse both of the most populated countries start banging on the one that have almoust no players.
Or maybe after 1 year in this game its starting to loose my attention i dont know but ther is somthing wrong here.

airguard

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2001, 05:46:00 AM »
Statistical probability.

I cannot believe that a large mass of poeple would change countries to maintain this imnbalance on purpose .I think 90% of the poeple here agree with you when you say that inbalance IS boring (me included). For all I know a majority of poeple stick to their country for long periods of time (and even if the MOL and the AK's are potent squads, I do not believe they are resonsible).

As we have all seen, the "drop in numbers" will flow from one country to another, I think it might just be ... KARMA

;)

PS: I have another theory and it's got to do with StSanta's Arse being responsible for the migrations, well, more it's mass, realy, but I need to do some more research before I can publish anything
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
Well, there are a large number of turncoats.

Knights 57, Bish 39, Rook 12.

Then later, a day and a reset later, bish were down to 16. After having been much more. Saw people I've just shot down on my side now. Despicable.  :)

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
If your on the side with the least number of people, be happy that you have a wide selection of targets.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
Flying for the country that's in the hole can be a lot of fun but I find that's only usually the case when you can do it with a bunch of squadies or some other cohesive group kinda got that "Alamo" feeling to it, defending the ramparts from the marauding hordes against all odds sorta thing.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
I just float and fly for the country in the middle, not the most, not the least.

The least can be very frustrating, the most can be pathetic.

SKurj