Author Topic: Assist stress  (Read 295 times)

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
Assist stress
« on: March 13, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
Lately I have been getting an amazing amount of assists.

Case in point today I was in a panzer with only AP shells I had 2 direct hits on the side of an ostwind ,another panzer comes along hits him with one shell he gets the kill I get the assist?

Or how about this scenario: I see a lone plane with
no visable damage I saddle up on him and let loose with my guns and  blow him to oblivion  and get an assist?

Conversely I can run out of ammo on a buff leaving it a smoking  flying wreck and a friendly plane will fly by and give it a quick burst and kaboom! blows up what little is left of this poor bomber and yet again I get awarded an assist?

Today I catch a yak in the vertical I am right behind him and shoot from d275 and label him with my 20 mm from my La5 as soon as I pulled the trigger I got hit sprites and I did not let off untill his tail was seperated from his airplane. 40 20mm shells used up.As he floats in air  for a split second a friendly spit gives him a quick burst of  cannon     Boom!!!!! Assist again?.

FRIGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 There I  feel somewhat better <Rant Mode Off>

[This message has been edited by Baddawg (edited 03-13-2001).]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Assist stress
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
i am more frustrated when i ditch successfully, sometimes with no damage, and the system awards someone the kill  -

Ice

Assist stress
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 03:39:00 PM »
Baddawg....it's guys like you that are responsible for that warm fuzzy feeling I get when I recieve 3 delayed kills on the way home from a fight...keep up the good work

------------------
Ice
13thTAS

It's not the Big that kill the Small, but the Fast that kill the Slow!

Moose11

Assist stress
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 03:48:00 PM »
The only thing frustrating is when someone goes after a plane you just took apart.

When I see a countrymate do this, it's just another name of a person who won't get a 6 call or help if he's in trouble from me.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Assist stress
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
Hehehehe.. take a pill bud    I feel your pain... though I feel the excessive use of k's and !'s causing me to have to scroll sideways to read your post to be equally frustrating  

Check my stats for this tour.  I'm doing about 3:1 in the Kills/Assist category.  I don't really find it frustrating when I kill a plane and only get an assist.. at least not compared to blowing the wing and tail off of a bogey that I followed through several high-alt moves only to have 3 people dive in on the burning fuselage as it plummets to the earth.

I also find it frustrating when I'm at 400 yards behind a con working my way into 350 for a choice shot when two other countrymen fire over my shoulder 700 yards back and cause the bandit to either jink or fall apart.

Usually, I just take the time to find a more remote area to fite where there won't be so many people competing for the kill.  I think I saw you there with me a couple days ago    And I didn't steal that F4u-1D kill.. you still got the kill.. its just that 1/2 wing doesn't prevent him from getting the hangars and I did have 4 hispanos  

AKDejaVu

[This message has been edited by AKDejaVu (edited 03-13-2001).]

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
Assist stress
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Some days I swear when I intentionally auger to leave the game or join some fun mission  I get the  message;

SERVER:YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED
SERVER:YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED AN ASSIST

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
Assist stress
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2001, 04:35:00 PM »
DOH! double post

[This message has been edited by Baddawg (edited 03-13-2001).]

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Assist stress
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
what DejaVu said... to the T

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
Assist stress
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
There are a couple possibilities here.. one on the plane where there was no visible damage.. the pilot could have been wounded and missing several guns.. in effect already dead. On the buff whoever explodes the thing usually gets the kill.. sad but true.. has happened to me many times. (Especially since I fly a 4 gun pony   )

Granted these are only possibilities and don't remove your frustration, but it's a start at maybe figuring out whats going on. You might try adjusting your convergence just a hair and maybe that will help. Or firing from a closer range and so on.

Hope it helps somewhat..

Bane
13th TAS