Author Topic: A Question about Films for HTC...  (Read 528 times)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
A Question about Films for HTC...
« on: May 11, 2002, 09:51:02 AM »
The film viewer is "dynamic", right? I mean, it's not recording images like a camera; rather it's recording positional data, speed, attitude, etc. This allows you to pan around and watch the playback from different angles, etc.

It would be amazingly useful to choose different "centers" for the camera's pivot... most notably other planes. You could then see things from their perspective. Sometimes you just can't zoom out enough to get the whole picture.

Also, it would be nice to have a small, unobtrusive playback control panel that you could tuck into a corner, without having to open and close the clipboard all the time.

Just a couple of thoughts... any of it feasible?
Thx.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline DeaconB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 10:45:30 AM »
The new film viewer that came out with 1.09 is a seperate executable and it does the things you want it to.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2002, 02:42:20 PM »
Doh! I didn't know this!

...never mind. :rolleyes:

[Edit: Wow, I really missed the boat when this thing was released. Man, is it nice. I especially like the "trails" option. Thanks HTC!]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2002, 08:47:47 AM by Dux »
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.