Author Topic: Check News:)  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Check News:)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2002, 03:45:32 PM »
Way cool!

Brady, your being CT staff, I can't believe you aren't excited about what this may bring to your arena.  Zekes and Vals will make for very tough opponents for Wildcats and Warkhawks and give a very different flavor and draw to the CT than the late-war uber plane MA.  I look forward to early Pac War setups and the possibility of even a CVs vs CVs map in the CT too.   You are poo-pooing an aircraft that is part of completing a planeset for what is my greatest interest of WW2.  I'll definitely attend the CT if this planeset is utilized, but I wonder just how restricted your vision is to the growth of the CT.  

TOD, SEA and CT will benefit.

Pearl, Coral Sea, Midway, Guadalcanal, Eastern Solomons and more!  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2002, 04:13:02 PM by Steven »

Offline MuadDib of Dune

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2002, 03:50:19 PM »
In WBs this plane was a fierce competitor.  Several people used it almost exclusively as a dogfighter and were very very good in it.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2002, 03:50:29 PM »
i can't wait ki-43-I, ki-44-I, and ki-61-I-Ko or Otsu... :)

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2002, 03:52:30 PM »
the most of screens are revealed, so I bet HTC would release new version in this month!

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2002, 03:52:44 PM »
I see a compleat waste of time, the only place it will be of any use is in a once a year Scenario. It caries the same bombload as our Zero and is more fragile than it is, and has only two 7.7mm MG's firing forward, The phrase "be carefull what you ask for, you may well get it" comes to mind.

So much for the cooperative spirit and support between the CT Staff and the CM's. :rolleyes:

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2002, 04:04:04 PM »
Val looks great!
JG11

Vater

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2002, 04:05:56 PM »
Udie, I was under the impression that only about 9 Buffalos were available for the Battle of Midway and only flew once and that only one Buffalo survived (with the surviving Buffalo being suspected of avoiding combat.)  If I'm wrong, I'm always open to learn.  Also, I'm curious as to the #'s and the role of the Betty's during the Battle Of Midway.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2002, 04:06:07 PM »
*screams in ungodly pain as his testicles untangle and shrink in horror*

Its not a green 38

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHouch.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2002, 04:15:00 PM »
US OOB

Japan OOB

oops fer midway that is
« Last Edit: May 13, 2002, 04:17:52 PM by Wotan »

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2002, 04:32:11 PM »
Another waste of time.  Scenarios are nice, but this plane will see as much action as the Hurricane IID.  If it has a EnV value of 150 then it might see some use but not much.  I think there were more deserving planes then this one.  But

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2002, 04:46:02 PM »
Originally posted by Sachs
I am with Brady on this one watch what you ask for, and who the hell voted for this plane anyway?   Puzzling I tell you.

CM's submitted suggestions.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2002, 04:49:44 PM »
While I'm all for solidarity within the CT staff, I'm going to respectfully disagree with Brady here.  Bomb load is not the whole story here.  The Val was a very capable dive bomber.  With the advent of the 1.10 bomber enhancements, bombing of any kind will be more realistic in that bombs will not fly perfect ballistic trajectories as they do now.  So dive bombers, with their inherently more stable and steeper angle dives will likely be more accurate than most fighters.  So while it may not carry a bigger bomb load than the A6M3, it will be more effective as a dive bomber.  Plus, we don't know what kind of bomb load the A6M2 will carry. So in historical set ups, it will pair nicely with it's historical counterparts.  I'm glad to have it for scenarios, events, and the CT.  Thanks, HTC.

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2002, 04:53:09 PM »
I am looking for tools, and the Val is not what I was hoping for, for all the reasions I stated, The CM's are right to be happy, they build set ups that are far more specific in nature, say the ballte of midway for example, a great plane for this to be shure, but how am I suposed to do a battle of midway and make it last all week?, cant be done. Now for the Solomans to be shure it would fit their it was in use and was slaughtered when apposed, those Wildcat flyers will be happy bears to be shure. Lets look at like this, The alies get a Boston for an early Pac Buff and the Japanese get a Val, arg, I know It is to soon to be shure, we will get more planes, but thier is now way to do a balenced CT set up with a Val and a Zero as the only two Early war Japanese planes,hopefully more are on the way:) The CM's and The CT are not nescesarly looking for the same things, and those are my openions and certainaly not intended to reflect those of the other CT stafers at any time. I simply see the Val siting in the hanger 99% of the time and I know how hard HTC works to bring us these new toys, I applaud all their hard work and the work done on the Val it is Beautiful, I just would of wished for somthing else thats all.Howeaver I may be over reacting, maybe we will get a full early war Japanese planeset in this patch and this plane will not be the sole adation in the new plane catagory for Japan:)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2002, 04:54:49 PM »
The CM's submited sugestions? huh?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2002, 04:54:51 PM »
Originally posted by Sabre
While I'm all for solidarity within the CT staff, I'm going to respectfully disagree with Brady here.  Bomb load is not the whole story here.  The Val was a very capable dive bomber.  With the advent of the 1.10 bomber enhancements, bombing of any kind will be more realistic in that bombs will not fly perfect ballistic trajectories as they do now.  So dive bombers, with their inherently more stable and steeper angle dives will likely be more accurate than most fighters.  So while it may not carry a bigger bomb load than the A6M3, it will be more effective as a dive bomber.  Plus, we don't know what kind of bomb load the A6M2 will carry. So in historical set ups, it will pair nicely with it's historical counterparts.  I'm glad to have it for scenarios, events, and the CT.  Thanks, HTC.

Sabre
CT Staff

AH, the voice of reason and cogent thinking appears. :)