Author Topic: Check News:)  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Check News:)
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2002, 04:59:24 PM »
The CM's submited sugestions? huh?

Yes, the CM's regularly submit suggestions to HTC for planes we need to expand our scenarios and TOD's.

For 1.10 we suggested:

F4F/FM2
A6M2
P-40
D3A
SBD-5
B5N
Stuka

Don't think the Stuka is otw yet, but it's nice to know that HTC supports our endeavors.

Huge to HTC for this release!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2002, 05:01:42 PM by Wanker »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2002, 05:03:15 PM »
Great, Event's that run once in a blue moon are dectating our plane adations, no wounder I beat my head into desktop so often.I must up my medication:(

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2002, 05:09:33 PM »
I agree Brady. Damn those stupid CM's for trying to expand the planeset. What a bunch of morons!

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, it was those same stupid CM's that provided the BoB terrain you're enjoying in the CT at the moment, you idiot!

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2002, 05:12:49 PM »
I love hair pulling :)

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2002, 05:13:35 PM »
Dismiss the Val at your peril....

Offline John F Kennedy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2002, 05:15:12 PM »
"Event's that run once in a blue moon are dectating our plane adations..."

Damn good point Brady! Right-O!

HTC, please abandon all work on these useless aircraft and also please remove the early war Hurricane, Spitfire and 109's variants so you can spend time on....

...sh&t!

Brady never said what they should spend time on??

Brady? What are your personal preferences. HTC awaits and so do we!

(not like I'm not gonna sh&t all over them but hey, all's fair in love and ubb posting)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2002, 05:16:22 PM »
You guys make me sick....squeak and moan when we dont get any planes and then squeak and moan some more when we get them and you dont think they are any good or wont be used or whatever.  

Screw you!!

These planes are exactly what we as a CM team have been asking for.  This opens up all kinds of possibilities for early war Pac stuff and I am very happy to be getting them.  

Geez...what happened to all the guys who were yelling for earlier war stuff and were always squeaking about the late war planes that were being modelled.  We finally get some early war stuff and all we hear is more squeaking.  

You're giving me a fediddlein' ulcer.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2002, 05:20:24 PM »
LOL...funny thread.

:D

FWIW Val was a terrific turner in AW, and a biatch to kill.

Offline scooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2002, 05:21:07 PM »
midway is already on the drawing boards, a midway map is being designed for the new terrain editor coming out soon, and a scenario is comin with it...

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2002, 05:25:16 PM »
You can also water ski naked behind a Val.

Offline Vladd

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2002, 05:27:55 PM »
Brady, there are very few planes that could be added to the MA which would bring anything new to the game or be competitive surely? How many more late war rides do we need?

With the current planeset OTOH early/mid war pac scenarios just can't be run. This is part of a move to rectify this.

HTC, thank you I LOVE it :)

Vladd

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2002, 05:40:02 PM »
I think you gentailmen may be mising my point, and that is the adation of aircraft that will add ballence to the apposing sides, Granted we now have the tools to build a plane set for the battle of midway(asuming we get a kate), but at the expense of not finishing the late war Japanese plane set which is not balenced, so we now have no distenctaly balenced plaset for the Japanese.Of course we must start somewhere it realy is a catch 22. I certainly did not intend to insult the hard work that the CM's do for us but I do Question the adation of plane type's from time to time, and often champion the adation of planes for countries left out on the short end of the stick. For a balenced early war Japanese planeset we could use a Betty and an Oscar, and a Nick, to name but 3 planes to suplement the Val. To help the later warplane set we could of used a Ki 102, or a ki84, a Judy or a Grace, and any of several fighter types for any and all periouds of time during the war for the Japanese.
Perhaps if their were indead some coperation between the CM's and the CT stafers this type of debate could be avoided in the future for as it is now we are compleatly divergant from oneanother, or perhaps this is how it is intended to be, one was not intended to serve the other as i was informed from somewone on high,I do salute all the hard work the CM's do howeaver and the only problem i have is that they may indead be excersing to much influcence on what planes are added.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2002, 05:40:37 PM »
russkies should get a P-39. It would also fit for the PAC theatre :)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2002, 05:41:06 PM »
Gentailmen these are my openions alone and not the CT stafers.

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2002, 05:45:22 PM »
I agree with Vladd, we have lots of late war planes, many of which were quite rare.  We have enough variety in competitive fighters for the MA that no matter what style of fighting you like, (BnZ, TnB etc) there is a plane you can use.  Now it looks like HTC is going back and filling in many of the planes that actually fought most of the war and are much more historically significant than the La-7 for example.

Contrary to popular assertion, I believe that many of these will be flown quite a bit in the MA.  Some people seem to think that people are so bound up with score and such that they would never fly anything that doesnt give them maximum advantage.  I disagree.  Many people choose to fly planes that they love for historical or aesthetic reasons, and despite the plane having a performance handicap against the best of the late war superplanes, these people quickly learn to fly their pets to the best advantage.  

The P-47 crowd springs to mind.  Although the P-47 isnt the fastest plane in the game, and it certainly isnt the most manouverable, it has legions of faithful fans (of which I am one) that use its strengths to great advantage in the MA.  

While I do care about my score, it isnt my sole driving factor in everything I do in AH.  I try to keep it up there (mostly unsuccessfully)  but that is balanced other factors many times.  While I certainly pick the best tool, or in this case the best airplane, for the job if I am playing the strat game, and trying to capture bases, or if I am trying to boost my score up a little, many times I just want to fly a certain plane that I particularly love.  The challenge is fun too.  How long will this Avenger last against those 3 Nikis? (answer: not very :) )

I for one am very happy to see the Val, and I can only hope that the SBD is close on its heels.