Author Topic: why i'm in love with the Chog.  (Read 843 times)

lazs

why i'm in love with the Chog.
« on: April 23, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
well.. mainly cause i fly the Dhog.   It really cuts down on the amount of people willing to HO my Dhog if they automatically assume it is a C.  I believe that this is the perfect example of poetic justice.  Also...

luftwiners hate em.  EVERYONE who has been around flight sims for any length of time knows THAT....  Anything that the luftwhiners like is either badly modeled or just plain bad for the sim.   Conversely.... anything the luftwhiners hate is usually modeled properly and/or is very good for gameply.  And... anyone who doesn't enjoy the wails is just plain brain ded.

So.... whether you simply like DHogs or are perceptive enough to know the luftwhiner formula.... the Chog is a marvelous thing and good for all of us.  

Never has such a mediocre plane done so much for the enjoyment of so many in any flight sim.
lazs

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2001, 01:32:00 PM »
Swore I saw you flying a 1C last night  

lazs

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
u would be wrong jig.  hope u didn't bet.
lazs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
Looking over his stats this tour, it would seem that lazs has flown three aircraft: F4U-1D, La7 and P-51B.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
Lazs, are you talking D-Hog is a mediocre plane??? I've flown two times that bird and it is as awesome as C-Hog, except for the guns.

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
I spent most of the night getting my butt kicked in slow planes.  Then I took a F4u-1D just for a change, had a quick 5-kill mission, then logged in disgust.

(In the MA) the Hog is such a dweeb ride. :P

anRky
(I was disgusted with myself, of course... It would be silly to be disgusted with a virtual airplane)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2001, 02:18:00 PM »
 I have to admit they have worn me down. Chog and nik are not the planes I keep an eye out for. But, there must be something that is causing all this whining. 1v1 any plane is dead meat in CT.  But I can see a situation where a gang bang by chogs in CT might be the problem. The solution, I would think, would be to disable CT in these 2  planes. Or just get rid of them.

Offline illo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
Yup we luftwhiners fly our non-perked uberrides and still cant cut whining. What went wrong with us?  

Perk the whole LW, then you dont have to see us at all.  

Nothing wrong about f4u1-c, i just would have wanted to see some other planes too in my trial.

Latz whats your problem?

[This message has been edited by illo (edited 04-23-2001).]

lazs

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »
yep.. the hog is a mediocre plane just look at the flight model and compare.   If you fly it for any length of time u will see.   I will say this... everytime i fly a new plane it seems like the best plane in the game for a few days but then i quit being so cautious and it's warts start showing.  

A spit pilot will be shocked at the speed on the deck of the Hog and the fantastic roll... not to mention the ammo load.\ but... as he gets used to the plane and gets into situations where he has to climb, accelerate or turn.... he will be wishing he was back in his good ol spit.   familiarity breeds contempt.   I think change is good.  truth is.. the d hog can't even manage a 1/1 K/D ratio.   The Chog comes in about what?  4-6th?   First sortie in a lag was a 4 or 5 kill and never could do it again.  Same for 51B which I thot was a superplane after the Hog.
lazs

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
Must of been one of the other umpteen 1C's around us last night I guess?

I must be seeing things, I swore I saw telephone poles sticking out of the leading edge of your wings  

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
The Hog is a nice attack plane. Probably the best we have. I use it a lot for attacking bases, but I wont do much dogfighting with the Hog. Acceleration and climb prevents it. At least when I meet experienced pilots.

Moose11

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
Watching the stab off of a F4U or N1K is about the most beautiful sight in AH. First you see the left horizontal stab fall off, then the right, then the whole back half of the plane. Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss s.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »
Careful here, I think lazs is violating some kinda rule of late, posting what he likes.  

I like the Spit9. Its not the fastest, some planes turn better, it doesnt have the most ammo or best guns.  But it does have one really cool camo paint job.  

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2001, 07:00:00 AM »
Any pilot that thinks the Hog is hard to fly and survive in, get kill in, no mather C or D modell, really should learn some ACM.
First time I took the D hog up I had a 7 kill sortie, me and my friends were outnumbered and low. The Hog can turn on a dime compared to a 190, it's faster then the 190 A8, turns better, climbs better and the guns are just as good.

The Hog is WAY more then just a mediocer Plane.

Fortunatly, mostly newbies fy them and they don't know anything about flying, they still rack up a good ammount of kills, just like the newbies in the Nikis.

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 Eismeer

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Adolf Galland
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

lazs

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
yeah wilbus... must be some kinda fluke that it can't even manage a 1/1 K/D ratio eh?  Sheesh... a LW weenie saying the hog is easy to fly when they got so many one trick ponie ac and the D9 to boot..LOL.

think most of the wife beating lw sissies get "boring" mixed up with "difficult to master" when they are talking about their rides.
lazs

[This message has been edited by lazs (edited 04-24-2001).]