Author Topic: Against all odds  (Read 410 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Against all odds
« on: March 14, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Last night when I came into the arena, the Rooks were still out numbered nearly 2:1 but were holding ground fairly well.
The Bishops seemed to be keeping us busy on the western front, and the Knights were offering good resistance in the east.

After about 2 hours of being in this situation, we started to strike out and took a couple Knight bases; despite any attempt to stop us.
Within a short time, the Odds had changed and we were only down by 10 from the Knights and 18 from the Bishops.
Still holding against the Bishops, there was a sudden surge against the Knights. Within a very short time, we walked over 6 or 7 bases.
I noticed half way through the push, that the Bishop count on the east had dwindled and that we seemed to be racing for the reset point.
Zigrat lead an Outstanding Mission which succeded in capturing A36 in 1 very aggressive attack.  This was followed by the capture of A20 soon after.

It was nice to have enough guys to give back some of what we have had to deal with lately, and the fact that we did it without the 2:1 ratio that either of our opponents have had in the past...Kick us when we're down and you won't like it when we get up!

Muuhhahah!  

Honestly, I noticed that the Bish and Knits relaxed against us and faught each other for a short time early in the night while we Rooks had very poor odds.   THANK YOU.

------------------
Sky Viper

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Against all odds
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
You rooks had an annoying tendency of killing me last night...so i decided to pick on the knights for a while. It seems that that turned my luck around, did a b26 strike on there cv and sank it (killing 3 on the cv's deck at the same time   )

Moose11

Against all odds
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
Last night was the ASSASSINS squad night.   I was unable to attend but I'm sure that they were up to no good on the kniggit front.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Against all odds
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
This is a good example of rather than whining about ones predictament, the use of action is employed.  WTG, now you've experience something us Knits put up with quite a bit.  We actually had folks calling for Knits to change countries when we were down to 2 fields, I said "Hell no, Knits never quit!"..and we proceeded to take field after field with the fewest players in a country, 11 hours later, we got the reset.

Action always speaks louder than whining.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Against all odds
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2001, 10:00:00 AM »
My only whine is that when we re-take a Knit base, all the sheep are wearing women's clothes and these clothes are from Rip's Closet!!!

How do I know this, all the tags and labels have Rip's name written on them!!

Now if that isn't bad enough, these dresses are just plain ugly!  Rip if you are gonna persist in dressing them with your wardrobe, for cod's sake update your closet and get a make-over!!

Cobra  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Against all odds
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2001, 10:05:00 AM »
Hey, kill them and eat them, I've 'ruined' them all, they will provide you with no pleasure!  

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Against all odds
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2001, 11:26:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
This is a good example of rather than whining about ones predictament, the use of action is employed.  WTG, now you've experience something us Knits put up with quite a bit.  We actually had folks calling for Knits to change countries when we were down to 2 fields, I said "Hell no, Knits never quit!"..and we proceeded to take field after field with the fewest players in a country, 11 hours later, we got the reset.

Action always speaks louder than whining.

You know, everytime you tell this story the timeframe gets shorter.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Against all odds
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Rips point is still valid.

As is mine; it changes over time.

When i was online yesterday, Knights had the least numbers and were being ganged by the Bishrooks.

History repeats itself.

Knights never quit. Although I wander in the valley of death, i fear no evil, for I shall let Rip take the major blunt of the strike  .

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"Live to pull, pull to live"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Against all odds
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
Sling I knew someone would catch that!  I originally said 12 hours in another thread, but it was indeed 11, 6am was when I logged on, and was on for 9 of those 11 hours, we had reset around 5pm that afternoon, AH first reset in V1.05 (after being down to 2 fields)...so, the moral of the story, NEVER give up hope...put words into action...don't expect someone else to do something,YOU do something!

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
Against all odds
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
Boy did u miss a good squad night Moose   We were taking bases last night at an amazing rate. At one point we recaptured a6 about 5 mins after the nits took it from us! Very fun missions last night. ASSASSINS rule!  

[This message has been edited by newguy (edited 03-14-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Against all odds
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2001, 12:04:00 PM »

This is a good example of rather than whining about ones predictament, the use of action is employed.

This shold be reworded:  Its a good example of whining, being told to shut up, then resorting to the use of action.

Numbers: 75 Bish, 65 Knits, 45 rooks.  About 50 bish hitting about 50 Knits up north.  The rooks were still complaining.  Truth be told, the knits were the only ones getting gang banged as they had to face about 35 rooks and 50 bish.

Country numbers don't always reflect who is getting jumped.

AKDejaVu

Moose11

Against all odds
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
9 hours Rip?

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Against all odds
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
AKDeja...

You related to Lazs?  Both of you are the most negative SOBs posting    Pair of malcontents.

-Ding

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Against all odds
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
This shold be reworded:  Its a good example of whining, being told to shut up, then resorting to the use of action.

Numbers: 75 Bish, 65 Knits, 45 rooks.  About 50 bish hitting about 50 Knits up north.  The rooks were still complaining.  Truth be told, the knits were the only ones getting gang banged as they had to face about 35 rooks and 50 bish.

Country numbers don't always reflect who is getting jumped.

AKDejaVu

LOL Deja, you are the King of restating the obvious!
OK, we see you, you can put your hand down now.

BTW Rip, thanks for the kind words.  

------------------
Sky Viper

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Against all odds
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
Wow dingy.. maybe I shoulda put a smiley face at the end so I could say whatever I want in whatever insulting manner then imply I was just kidding so its the other person's fault for responding.

AKDejaVu