Author Topic: Read the TOD rules!  (Read 536 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Read the TOD rules!
« on: May 17, 2002, 11:39:05 PM »
If in doubt a couple of clips from the tod rules........................ ............

Channel 1 will not be used for an event except by TOD C.O.'s or CM's.

All events will be "one life" events, with approximate running time from 1 to 2 hours.

6. Launching:
All TOD frames will begin 5 minutes after the hour according to the time piece of the setup CM, regardless if C.O.'s are ready or not.
From launch time (5 minutes after the hour) to 15 minutes after the hour (10 minutes total) players may reup for any reason. If a player or players crash on take off or drop live ordance on a runway destroying many in their squad they may reup without question till 15 minutes after the hour.

At 15 minutes after the hour fields will close and "only" discos may request reup's. Discos may reup till 30 minutes after the hour. After 30 minutes all fields will stay closed. No one will be allowed to reup.

Clear enough??????????????????????
Wait, there is more

............................. .......
Pilots will be responsible for the following:
Squadron CO:
Behavior of his pilots during the event.

Assuring that pilots in his squadron are fully aware of their duties and responsibilities in relation to the TOD event.

Pilots:
Report for the frame at an appropriate time, (on the hour or before). The frame will start 5 minutes after the hour whether C.O.'s are ready or not.Take steps to find out plane/field/orders assignments for the frame. Be familiar and always obey by the rules of the event........................ ...................

What isn't directly said, but is implied, is that we ALL should act like reasonable, responsible, gentlemanly human beings.

I apoligise for anything I said that may have upset anyone. But I will not stand still for a squad badgering a CM.

Make sure each squad member & guests have read it.
For those who can't find it I'll post the whole thing here as a txt file.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2002, 12:30:27 AM by Ghosth »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Read the TOD rules!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 12:31:34 AM »
Straight & uncut from the current TOD rules page as promised.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Read the TOD rules!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 12:33:01 AM »
If this is about JG2... as far as I know we didn't badger anyone.  We lost 1 planes engine in an unexplainable occurance on the rearm pad.  I lost my aileron at the same time.  All pilots reported having full ammunition, nobody fired a round.  We didn't hit the rearm shack.  As far as I know, no friendly was in a position to shoot both me and my squadron leader- and niether of us heard any guns going off, just the BANG of damage.  

We asked for a re-up, CMs said no.  As far as I know that was the end of it.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Read the TOD rules!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 12:40:44 AM »
I am pretty sure it wasn't JG2.

Wotan and Co. had a strange situation but all was civil.  I was able to talk with Wotan on Channel 2 about it and he was quite understanding.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Read the TOD rules!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 10:03:57 PM »
No, it wasn't you Jg2 guys, there was some todo much earlier in the frame. Although if you ask me, your whole squad should have been grounded for exess whining ;)

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Read the TOD rules!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 09:55:24 AM »
Actually Urchin I never even considered that a problem with how professional you all handled it.  

You asked if you could re up or what may have happened.  No big deal.  I appreciate your questions and how well you handled it.   I never did get to look at the logs. (slipped my mind).

Who was it that had the mishap?  I'm just curious to see what happend to him according to the logs.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Read the TOD rules!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 01:18:59 PM »
excessive gloating maybe sik :) we were some happy lwhiners if you can believe that.

Entered the fray at alt disadvantage and outnumbered then came out the other end 8 kills 1 loss :)

Pyroman i wouldnt worry about it. I sure aint.