Author Topic: WWIIOL sux rocks...  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
WWIIOL sux rocks...
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2002, 02:50:48 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Hardcase-

Turns out Avondell is a hero of the WWIIOL community, and though more acidic than any flameboy could ever be, was thoroughly worshipped. So, since I defended someone that had criticized the game, I was labeled by Avondell and his ilk (and people like you) as a flameboy. Didn't matter how reasonable I was, or how unreasonable fanboys could be, the labels stuck.

I defy anyone who was there at the time to prove me wrong.

Whoa...dejavu here.

Avondell IS a hero of that community and a self professed support "expert".  He is nothing more than a second rate techie at best.  I was trying to fly a plane and with some very minor stick moves I would pass out and crash.  He gave me some advice on .kgm files that was a complete waste of time...in fact it made the situation worse.

Heaven forbid that you criticise him.

I later posted a thread entitled "Sorry Guys, but the Char is too strong" or something like that....what followed was a bunch of "Sorry but Curval is an idiot"...etc.. threads...not Avondell this time, but a whole pile of "fanboys".  When I tried to ask what the heck was their problem one guy posted "Are you still here...why don't you just go away"....Fortunately I found Aces High the next day...and I never went back.  CRS/Playnet lost a customer as a direct result of this frikin idiot.

"What really irks me about that whole thing is not how fools such as the one mentioned handled the situation; it was the fact CRS allowed it to continue. You can pretend fanboys were not abusive, but they were, and far worse than any critic could ever be. The mantras were:

1. Buy more RAM
2. Learn how to run a computer
3. Shut up and leave"

This hits the perverbial nail on the head!
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL sux rocks...
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2002, 02:59:32 PM »
Whutevah, Fishu.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WWIIOL sux rocks...
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2002, 03:01:26 PM »
I remember that episode, Curval.

The only thing I can say is things do appear to be a lot better over there, and people have awakened to the behavior that ran many people away. There are still squabbles, but they are not anything worse than we see here on a regular basis.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
WWIIOL sux rocks...
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2002, 03:08:02 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
I remember that episode, Curval.

The only thing I can say is things do appear to be a lot better over there, and people have awakened to the behavior that ran many people away. There are still squabbles, but they are not anything worse than we see here on a regular basis.

Well, I guess that is good to hear...but what happened left such a bad taste in my mouth that I really have no desire to go back...at least not yet.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WWIIOL sux rocks...
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2002, 02:04:51 PM »
So Fishu are you calling us liers? If so why does this make you angry?

Hell you've been happy with CRS lying to you for so long you should be used to it.

I guess I should turn my CRS Fanboy repellant back on.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WWIIOL sux rocks...
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2002, 06:42:44 AM »
Mighty,

Nobody says im happy, but doesn't there go a line between disliking things in the game and lying of it?