Author Topic: Film Perspectives  (Read 346 times)

Offline Wacky

• Zinc Member
Film Perspectives
« on: May 20, 2002, 10:37:13 AM »
I have been fooling around with the film recorder.  I have been told that there is a way to view my fights from my opponents plane.  I can't seem to enable this feature,,,,,HELP

Wacky

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Film Perspectives
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 01:18:21 PM »
Hi Wacky,
 You need to view the film through the Stand alone film viewer (The one you can make AVI's from - Not by selecting "film" off the "Clipboard").

Once you have opened your film and it is playing a list of other aircraft in range will show in the right hand window. Double click on one of these to jump to the other plane.

One point though...... The view you see is not the view the other pilot sees, it's a view based on your front end. If your connex was bad the view from the other cockpit will not reflect the fight accurately. Also I think the number of updates sent from other planes decreases the further you get from them so if you jump to a plane 2k away the action will "stutter".

(The last paragraph is based on my own experience - I'm sure someone will correct if it's wrong). :)

TTFN
snafu

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Film Perspectives
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 12:05:52 PM »
What Snafu said, plus...

If the other plane is enemy and you don't know their name, you can pretty accurately guess by using the range column.

I just discovered this film viewer last week, and it is beautiful.

Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Wacky

• Zinc Member
Lost?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2002, 06:48:57 PM »
Ok,,,,where do I get stand alone viewer?    

Wacky

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Lost?
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2002, 02:15:11 AM »
Originally posted by Wacky
Ok,,,,where do I get stand alone viewer?
Hi Wacky!  :)  The Film Viewer was included in the last patch of AH - look in Program Files\HTC\Aces High and you should see ahfilm.exe - double click it and you're in.  Not had a chance to try it myself yet, but I've heard it works great.  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Wacky

• Zinc Member
Found IT!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2002, 07:00:27 PM »
Ok,,,,found it ,,,,everything works fine thanks all for your answers !