Author Topic: Vulching Rampant in TA  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2002, 02:37:22 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I asked him FOUR times if he would like some tips and I would be more than willing to get in a bomber and help him in anyway possible.   Dead air is all I received.  No vox, or message bar.
One of my last duties as AW staff before we were disbanded was to spend time in the various newbie/training arenas to help new pilots - or try to!  My biggest problem was communicating with them and it was one of the most frustrating parts of the job!  I never knew if they just didn't want any help or if they simply didn't know how to reply, and I would try to give them directions on using the text, both on the ground and in the air.  Sometimes I would eventually get a response and they would admit they hadn't known what to do.... in other cases, I never did find out.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2002, 03:54:24 AM »
I use the TA for perk ride practice ,squadron practice once aweek , test flights,ect,  and I will ussually anser any and all questions asked by the players in the arena.
I spammed this game To everyone I knew in Fighter ace 2 befor it closed two weeks ago .  Its only fair that they get the same help I did when I first came to this game  .. almost a year ago .

The new players get disgrunteled at how hard this game is to learn at first.... and need some help,  if they havent played this level of sim befor .  Htc would have alot more $$ if more of these players learned to fly and got addicted  as we have . (and perhaps lower the sub price a couple of more bucks, hint hint)

its only fair to use the TA for what its intended for not a newbie  vulchfest for some squad .

I those that straightened it out .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2002, 05:24:03 AM »
I think if someone feels "man enough" to vulch in the TA.  They should be forced to TO from a chosen Field.  The object you ask?  To try and stay up in the air as no less than 10 Server originating craft are dogging them, not to mention the pilots who are in the MA.  Shooting them down relentlessly, and when they get fed up and start to cry, shoot em down again.   When they really start to cry, they should come to the MA and try it.  :)   I don't care how long you have been playing this game, if you vulch in the TA, you're a pansy!!! :eek:      Straight up.  Mean? maybe.  True?  yeah.  Vulching is acceptable in the MA as you are prohibiting the enemy from TO from a field which has a gooney bird on the way to.     If you need PRACTICE vulching, you're sad. :(

Enough on the subject for me.  I don't care about the reaction I get from this, this shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.  AH should prohit these pansies from the TA and if paying only let them play the MA and see how they like it.  

Masher:)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2002, 05:29:45 AM »
Now to more productive means.  Flossy, it sucked because I really wanted to help whoever it was.   But when you use VOX and the keyboard as many times as I did.  Sooner or later I will be getting the point that they don't wantthe tips, or help they would need and like to make the game more enjoyable!  I don't get it?   The boat left and I wasn't on it!   But, will I stop giving out tips and advice, no because I was that same person struggling when I started.   Am I the best stick, not a chance, worst, no.  I have been in here about three months.   Played many a sims through the years, so I didn't have that much of a problem, getting the touchy controls down pat.  I love realism.  I haven't even dented the surface of knowledge to be picked up from everyone.  I'm still learning on the toughest learning curve.

Flossy, see you up there!!

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2002, 02:40:29 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Now to more productive means.  Flossy, it sucked because I really wanted to help whoever it was.  
I can well imagine - it has happened to me so many times in AW!  At least here there is the option of the Range VOX... we did have VOX in AW but it meant tuning a channel first, or crewing a bomber to use the intercom - which would have meant more instructions on text to achieve either of those options!  :)
Flossy, see you up there!!
Yeah, Masher.... going to try and remember to have a look in the TA occasionally from now on, even if it is only to help with the most basic needs - and maybe some bomber training!  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2002, 09:57:25 AM »
THE biggest thing I stress to newcommers is to read the manual.
There is a TON of good information in there. And as boring as it sounds, flying offline BEFORE you try your two free weeks and getting used to the flight model and gunnery also helps alot.
I still get frustrated at some guys who ask 'simple' questions in the MA. But what is simple to one person may not be to another, I have to remember.
I liken it to learing to drive. I would hope you learn how to put on the brakes before your on the highway doing 65mph.
That being said I still visit the TA and try my best to assist people. If I try to help and get no response I assume the language barrier is in the way.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DLfrmHLL

• Zinc Member
Re: Why have squads in TA?
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2002, 09:03:01 AM »
Originally posted by skipdallen
Sounds like part of the "ganging" problem is that they're a "gang" or squad.  Don't allow squads to be formed in the TA.  

Make ack unkillable at some fields.  

Maybe re-think the two week free trial.  Require a credit card for a membership.  No charge if membership is cancelled within a month or two weeks if you insist.

Gooss

How about Turning the 'Vulhcers Into Turkeys". Re-launch them Deep in E Teritory... use the Eye in the Sky.