Author Topic: hey hitech  (Read 439 times)

Offline K West

• Silver Member
hey hitech
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2002, 07:32:55 AM »
"is that too much to ass?"

You channeling Hotseat or something?  ;)

Westy

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
hey hitech
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2002, 07:43:20 AM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
The Buffs will definatley put an end to furballing. Bases not defended by scores of fighters will be destroyed.

I cant wait.

Turning Headon into a formation of 40+ B-17's reminds me of EAW.Only this time it will be 40X cooler than EAW.

What happens when two opposing buff forces meet Head On?

Buff Wars?

Somehow I very much doubt any of that will happen.. except in scenarios.

Furballs are the way of life in the MA... you don't get no adrenaline rushes shooting down bombers.
-SW

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
seein the future
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2002, 07:50:31 AM »
welcome to slo's future reading show.....

tonite we discuss the future invasion of knightland by at least 40 lancers that will be sent in by them dweeb no sense i where a dress(don't i look pretty)BISH.

To counter this invasion...this travesty...this abomination.....knightland will send out its best

A formation of 40 count em 40 N1K2's to intercept said buff formation.

can you even TRY to picture that:eek:
oh i see dem whine's a comin...funny i see many many many whines a comin:p

SLO:cool:
4 WING =441 Silver Fox=

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
hey hitech
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2002, 07:56:55 AM »
Only good things will come from this I think, you won't see any more buffs turning circles around fighters at 30k then leveling 3 hangers in a pass right after making an immelman follow by 3 hard turn, no, these guys will have to line up, stay in line, aim, and drop, during this time they'll be extra vulnerable.

Now, IF teh dweebs get find out a way to abuse buff formations (and they will) it might ruin quite many things, nothing will be more boring then see a 4 ship B17 formation roll in in a furrball and gun down 5 enemy fighters before they have time to react, let's just hope it won't happen like this.

Since HT anounced this feuture, I've had lots of hopes for it, still have, one of the most important, if not THE most important new feuture in the history of AH, not only because of gameplay but because of realism.

BRING IT FAST!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
hey hitech
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2002, 08:09:10 AM »
furious...  you mean we can finally replace that vulgar air to air combat with the more civilized drone fighting...  Takes ya back back to the good ol boxed sim days eh?
lazs

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
hey hitech
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2002, 08:27:31 AM »
STOP HIJACKING MY FRIGGING THREAD!

MOVIE! IT HAS TO DO WITH A MOVIE!

SHEEEEEEEEEESH.

thats it, i give up
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
hey hitech
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2002, 10:05:37 AM »
Yes! A MOVIE PLEASE!!!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
hey hitech
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2002, 10:36:02 AM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe
you don't get no adrenaline rushes shooting down bombers.
-SW

Huh? I disagree.

PS: I want to see that movie, too! :)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
hey hitech
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2002, 10:41:07 AM »
Come on HTC throw us an AVI bone.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
hey hitech
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2002, 11:00:54 AM »
Originally posted by Nefarious

What happens when two opposing buff forces meet Head On?

Buff Wars?

Just last weekend I became bored and decided to dweeb it out in my B17.  I proceded to drop some eggs on a busy runway expecting to get some lucky kills :)  I scored a few kills, then RTB'd.  While rtb'ing I noticed a pack of Rook B17s heading to their target in Knightland.  I took matters into my own hands and down 5 of them with my Death Star (aka B17 :D)  Now, Nefarious... multiply that by 4x buffs and I would totally love it!  LOL Maybe we could throw this in during  Wild Wednesday!  woo!  

(and to please Moosey... an AVI would be extremely satisfying :cool: )
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
hey hitech
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2002, 11:01:07 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Come on HTC throw us an AVI bone.

Yeah!!! :cool:

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
hey hitech
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2002, 11:04:42 AM »
*puppy eyes*

Bone! bone! bone!

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
hey hitech
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2002, 01:53:25 PM »
moooovie, moooovie, mooooovie!!!!!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
hey hitech
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2002, 02:01:29 PM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe

Furballs are the way of life in the MA... you don't get no adrenaline rushes shooting down bombers.
-SW

Furballs will not happen unless the bombers save you a base to up from!

And you dont get a Adrenaline rush from shooting down buffs?

I get a rush chasing B17's and lancs at 30k for 50 miles. Wait Till theres 50 buffs. Its a game of Cat and Mouse.

Let me make this clear. You dont Intercept Buff formations, you wont get to take off. I have a feeling the average fight altitude will triple after the release of 1.10.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
hey hitech
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2002, 02:10:07 PM »
Alt triple? Yeah right, if the bomb drift is modelled properly and the calibration of the sight works partially... then the average bombing alt will be cut in half. Instead of 35K pinpoint bombing, you gotta bring them bad boys down to ~15-20K if you want your bombs to be worth something.

And no, I get no more of an adernaline rush chasing a bomber at 30K than I do just lazily flying above a furball picking off cons as they leave or enter.

and I get no adrenaline rush doing either.

I understood what you were saying to begin with, no need to "make it clear".. however let me make this clear... on average I see maybe 6 bombers in the air... a day. Sometimes a week.

Multiply that by 4... but divide that by 24. That will still only equal 6 bombers a day. (one person takes off every couple of hours with a flight of bombers)

I don't see how this will make people get anymore organized than they are right now... and it ain't much as you can tell by the popularity of the furball.

So what I'm saying is, the only "raids" of 40 or more bombers are going to be the ones put together by squads or missions. The latter is very rare- most missions are a combination of goons and fighter/bombers. Most squads (except dedicated bomber squads) take fighters or fighter/bombers with them.

This might make bombers more attractive to some people.. but to the majority it won't matter. They're just happy clams in the furball.
-SW