Author Topic: Wanna Know Why We're All Here?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Wanna Know Why We're All Here?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »

Originally posted by Uvvall:
...Does anyone remeber Shazaam? I hated it.What made alot of those shows popular was nothing else was on...

But I liked that show.   LOL

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
Oh my gwod! No one but NO ONE could forget the man that tied generations of news watchers together... Walter Conkite. (I'm sure I hammed up his name. Sorry Walter.   ) Walter was the KING! And that's the way it was on this day... I watched his last news cast. I still miss Walter on the news.  

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-09-2001).]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »

Hawaii Five O Very cool. I have a Ventures CD with the theme song on it.  (Book 'um Dano)

You had a Ventures album too?! Man I loved them. They were great. You are the first person I have seen mention them or even know who they were in the past, oh 30 years or so.  

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
Jimdandy

How long does one of your flashbacks usually last?  

just joking - great thread, many memories..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by Apache:
You had a Ventures album too?! Man I loved them. They were great. You are the first person I have seen mention them or even know who they were in the past, oh 30 years or so.    

Well ah Apache I have there CD. 30 years ago I was 5.     I like there music. You will be so jealous when I tell you this. I saw them last summer at the opening of EMP in Seattle. I got me a Ventures T-shirt I where and I get reactions ranging from who the hell are they to WOW I seen them in the 60's there still around? Yes they are and they sound better in person than they do on their CD! Their drummer did the most awesome drum solo! He did a drum solo on the base players guitar strings! The bass player played the cords and he pounded out a beat on the cords. His hands were moving so fast you could hardly see them move! They are all in their 60's and older and they ROCK! I mean it. They play like machines. They never miss a beat. They are perfect. I guess that's what 40 years of playing together will do. They were so cool! Oh Paul Revere and the Raiders were there and they were FANTASTIC! They sound better in person than on the radio. Paul Revere turned 63 this year and he still rock's. Everyone in the band is in there 50's and they rock. I shows me what I've know all along, age doesn't matter much. It's your attitude.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
Oh man!! Jimdandy you lucky bastidge! My 19 year old uncle who was leaving for 'Nam in 1968 gave me his Ventures albums. I was 10. He never made it back but I have kept em for him just the same. You wouldn't beleive the jump in my heart when I saw the name The Ventures in oyour post. <S>

Ice

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
How about Josey and the popsiclecats!!!

Meow Baby!

Baseball Cards and that rock hard bubble gum

Matt Mason

Hotwheels and Sizzlers

Klackers

M 80's and Cherry Bombs (real ones)

Johnny Quest was my favorite btw

My first WristRocket

That Honda 50cc 3 speed auto!

Scat Cat mini bikes

Swimmin in Gravel Pits dodgin Water Moccasins

Bomb Pops in the summer

I don't know about you guys, but I gotta stop thinkin about this stuff before I quit my job

Cyas Up!

Ice

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2001, 04:29:00 PM »
Oh yeah. Josey and the popsiclecats. Hot teenage cartoon women in cat outfits.   LOL!

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2001, 04:41:00 PM »
Fun thread ice!  

Johnny Quest was a huge favorite of mine also! You all have mentioned many that I have enjoyed over time!

<S>

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2001, 05:34:00 PM »
BONG....

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men??

The SHADOW knows....

sigh.

damn fine thread..

here's some more..

Howdy doody, claribell, betty boob, mighty mouse, sky king, rin tin tin, buttermilk and trigger, (god speed Dale)

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "B" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
ICE Thanks you for opening this thread.It is nice to go back in time and remember all the good stuff that has happened along the way.Roy and Dale and Trigger and Gene Autry and Champion.Bob Steele and Smiley Burdett and all the others.And the shadow.Lamont Cranston.And when Kato was a pal of the Green Hornet and not O.J.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2001, 08:23:00 PM »
"What ever happened to Randolph Scott riding alone on the range. What ever happened to Gene and Tex and Roy and Rex and the Darango Kid and..."

I think it's a song by the Statler Brothers ET that talks about the same thing. The good old movies where the good guys had white hats and the bad guys black ones and the good guys win. I'm not near old enough to have watched any of them at the movies but I seen them all on the Saturday afternoon Westerns on cable TV as a kid. Love those old westerns.  

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
Fun topic! <S>

Hehe I believe it's "Jonny" Quest, actually    Saw the first episode, the first NIGHT (that's right, it was on at night) it was on.  '64 or '65 I think.

How bout...

Fireball XL5
Thunderbirds (are Go!)
Spaaaaaace Ghoooooost
Fantastic Four (the Silver Surfer was definitely the coolest cartoon character ever)...
Roger Ramjet and Speed Racer (hated those two, watched em anyway...)
UFO and Space 1999
Watched 12 O'clock High a buncha times, and "Combat" (With Vic....(kaboom!) Morrow and Rick....(kaboom!) Jason!)

Was there a cooler ship than the original Romulan Warbird with its BFG(its Captain was cooler too...)?  OK, the Flying Sub was pretty cool too...  

Man From U.N.C.L.E. was on too late for me to watch it!  But (yuck!) GIRL from UNCLE was on earlier (big whoop!)

When I think of what my old G.I. Joes would be worth now if I had kept 'em    (Four words: SEA SLED, and MERCURY CAPSULE, baby)   But as Ice notes, that was a different time, when an 11-year-old would give his whole collection of GI Joes he'd "grown out of" to a little boy whose dad was killed in Vietnam, while his own dad was still fighting there, and then feel happy he'd done it...

You can't go back home again, I guess, but thanks for reminding me.  I smiled a lot reading this  

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2001, 10:17:00 PM »
Oh yeah UFO and Space 1999. I loved those shows. LOL 2001 and no space odyssey yet?   BTW weren't The Flinstones and The Jetsons on at night when they first came out?

Offline ljkdern

• Zinc Member
      • luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2001, 12:21:00 AM »
Excellent thread. Im a little choked up. Its odd to think that someday some of us might remember staying up all night playing Aces High...thinking "sigh..those were the days" Remembering people that we never actually met.   We will be amazed at how we were entertained by such simple pleasures. Hard to imagine what the future might bring.