Author Topic: The one screenshot I want to see.  (Read 249 times)

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
The one screenshot I want to see.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2002, 04:10:09 AM »
HEHEHE.... Notice he said Frenchy was the only one who killed him???

56th FG Rules!             :D

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2002, 01:15:37 PM »
Yup frenchy got me with 15 min left last frame. I killed a p38 and a jug and saw i friendly on the deck being chased by another jug on the deck. I was within the ack blancket of a friendly field and had actually dropped my gear. I raised gear hit wep and pursued. I as i raced toward the friendly I knew it was a mistake 4 hi jugs were on us both. I never  made it out :( FYI frenchies kill of me tied us both as top killers fer the event :)

jug i killed

jug (Frenchy) that kills me

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2002, 01:23:37 PM »
Wotan.. resize.. LOL.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2002, 01:31:17 PM »
Wotan were those b17 pilots having a lunch somewhere?

I have the films my speed was damn near 500. The buffs were at 25k i was at 32. We knew where the buffs were it took damn near 45 min to get position. I came in from the hi 9 on the formation.

In less then 30 sec  of film 5 were ded 3 damaged.  

I recieved some pings but the buffs were firing wildly. I was not the only attacker. my squad of 8 engaged as well in 2 4 man groups. Urchin killed 3 and several other guys got kills.

These buffs were level and  on a constant heading. The hardest part was getting into a good attack position. The buffs appeared to be in  in 3 groups of about 20 a piece. I came in right in the middle from hi 9 and ripped umm. In one end out the other with out a scratch. But ya had to be there rw screaming eng sounds gun fire massive vollies of 88.

2 hour frame but 30 sec of heart thumping palm sweating joy. Most of my guys didnt make it out. A few getting bounced by hi p38s. Me starbird and drago were the only ones that made it out.

That last frame was some of the best fun of any ah scenario.

As i said above I died 1 time in 4 frames with 10 b17s killed 1 p38 and 1 p47. I had 5 assists. In the last 15 min of the last frame the highest scoring Allied ace kills the highest scoring Axis. With that kill the frame ended with a tie between the 2.

Offline faminz

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2002, 01:57:11 PM »
man that mustve hurt wotan!!!

I really feel for you....

I can just imagine the desk pounding adrenalin withdrawal that set in after that....

just left with those damn sheep..... and a draw.