Author Topic: Wild Wednesday results for 5/22/02  (Read 256 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Wild Wednesday results for 5/22/02
« on: May 22, 2002, 11:13:21 PM »
Plane: bf109e

We had a good turnout, 25 pilots showed up for Wild Wednesday. Very good fights tonight. Bigmax, Midnight and ZenCH won a round a piece and met up in the final round. After a prolonged fight, Bigmax was able to down ZenCH, and then sparred with Midnight on the deck. The early war guns of the 109e made the fights last forever. Bigmax was finally able to get some good shots in on Thunders plane that left very damaged. Not long afterwards his 109 went into the deck. Very good fights and great sportsmanship. Glad to see newcomer ZenCH in the final round.

Round 1 winner - Bigmax
Round 2 winner - Midnight
Round 3 winner - ZenCH

Overall winner - Bigmax

For next week, Bigmax has selected the P51-B.

Show up next week and witness the fierce competition!

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 08:26:34 AM »
Round 1

I had no idea BIGMAX and I were the only 2 left, just as I ran out of fuel BIGMAX shot me while I was a glider, then I see him run out of fuel and crash in front of me!!

What timeing!  I spilled a beer just as we both crashed, bigmax was the last in the air by about 10-15seconds!  I might have to borrow a keyboard from work today! :)

I haven't had that much fun in a Wild Wednesday in a long time!

all!

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 10:37:51 AM »
51B huh
may have to drag myself into the next one

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2002, 09:42:35 AM »
Originally posted by Mox
I ran out of fuel BIGMAX shot me while I was a glider

Don't the rules say bail on bingo fuel? (so how can someone be a glider unless engine killed)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 07:52:12 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi

Don't the rules say bail on bingo fuel? (so how can someone be a glider unless engine killed)

On my FE, It was almost simultaneous.  I was shooting, scoring cannon hits & I was close enough to hear his engine go... I actually thought i killed it/him.   I let off the trigger and went to pull up & my engine died from lack of fuel.... Couldn't have been more than 5 seconds difference.  I chopped throttle earlier in the round, guess that was the difference.

Neither did I MOX.... neither did I....

He was 100% within the rules of the game, ,  And one hell of an opponent.

I just love the 1 life fights on WW. to all the participants - and a BIG to the CMs.
:)

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2002, 08:18:19 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi

Yes, that is the rules however I was less than 10 feet off the ground when I ran out of fuel (as I was getting shot) so there wasn't really a point in trying to bail.