Author Topic: WBIII Free Weekend  (Read 161 times)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
WBIII Free Weekend
« on: May 26, 2002, 01:24:03 PM »
I tried it out.  Its seems OK.

For me, not a replacement for AH.  I can see where people could get involved in it just as I have with AH.  

To me the planes seem sluggish.  Is this bad? Is this more realistic?  Hell, I dont know!  I am used to AH.   I guess if I flew it longer I'd get  used to it.  It is truely a individual like or dislike.

I had good connections and Frame Rates.  I will fly it more today and tomorrow.  I asked questions on the radio and got quick answers.  Not very many flyers on.  I was the only RED in one arear and was quickly set upon by 5 greens.  I died just as easily as I do in AH.   :)

Nothing bad to say for I found nothing bad, but I cannot see myself changing from AH to fly it.  I am too used to the AH  and been in this community too long.

Swager
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
WBIII Free Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2002, 07:10:24 PM »
I tried it several times this weekend. Asked several questions, was never replied to once. Made an attack on a B17 with a 30mm armed 109 and it seemed to take the whole load (with neat hit effects) but flew on unharmed (hit lethality or lag, dunno)
Like you I can see how a person would take to it, the big draw back to me is the view system. Not being able to move about in the seat is something I cant give up  :)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WBIII Free Weekend
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2002, 07:55:42 PM »
they up the buff toughness there depending on who whines the loudest.

I've played there most of the weekend. The view system isnt that bad. I had an account there until a month or so ago. The only reason i canceled it was because the times at which i flew the most i had seen on was 28. Flew around looking for a fight.

Theres a lot I like about wbs. But the mushy controls (especially in the 190s) and limited oportunities for a quick fight I couldnt see keeping up a 25 dollar a month sub for a game that isnt 1/2 as fun as ah or il2.

There was 6 in the free arena when i logged lorsa of instant action.

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
WBIII Free Weekend
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2002, 08:48:55 PM »
Same problem as Wotan. On Saturday night i logged on, and there was about 40 people in the Arena. If there were only 40 people in the Arena, and it is free weekend and a saturday night...i wonder how many people are on on a Weekday night?:confused:

Over all, i played the game for about 5 minutes, then came back to AH. The only thing i liked was the Rolling Plane Set

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
WBIII Free Weekend
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2002, 08:57:42 PM »
i flew today as i had not tried it on a few yrs just left it was 45 in
 and all you get free is combat areana ..thats is it ....1/2 the peaple there were reg wbs looking for easy kills i think ..was not impressed that much at all ...has nothing on ah except it has more planes other then that .. im done with it .
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WBIII Free Weekend
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2002, 09:00:30 PM »
hey up the buff toughness there depending on who whines the loudest.

And that has always been a BIG problem in WB.

Get a few old guys whining loud enough and they will always change FM or damage, or gunnery to suit the vocal few, without any regard to accuracy.

It is one of the factors that drove me away.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"