Author Topic: Hurricane  (Read 345 times)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Hurricane
« on: December 18, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
Gotta few questions about this air craft.

Im having some problems retaining energy in this plane. Its one hell of a turner for maybe 2 turns, then it looses all energy and becomes a stall machine and turns like poop.

I also find it hard to energy fight in simply because you cannot zoom up, very poor going vertical, looses all energy. ive had better luck zooming vertical in a b26 it would seem. All of that mixed with horrible acceloration(sp) leaves me holding my banana in my hand in most fights.  :o

One thing i will note is that it has a nice gun package either way (C,D) i prefer the C and have great success once i have a firing solution, but when there is multiple cons it rarely happens. I find it to be a great high speed turner also (for a turn fighter), if you can get the chance to get it up to speed.

I really want to learn this plane, the gun pakage alone if enough for me to stick with it but the FM seems to be holding me back.

does anyone have any tips or tricks on flying the hurricane with success? Im open to any suggestions or info, as of now im lost on how to fly this aircraft correctly. If i dont kill all the cons in the first 2 maneuvers, im a flying corpse waiting to happen.  :o

Thanks in advance
<S>AH

Amon

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »
My advice would be use the Stsanta patented secret weapon to get out of deadly situations....INSULT THE ENEMY!drive him so mad he augers typing angry replies   :D .oh and i think you have to have a FAT bellybutton to be really experten   :p

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: hazed- ]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Hurricane
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2001, 09:55:00 AM »
Hmmm.  I don't find that it bleeds E that fast, but it does lose E rapidly.

The Hurri IIc is a 1941 second line fighter.  The Spit Vb was the first line fighter for the RAF by that time.  This was not a decision made without reason.  The Hurri's performance simply lagged to far behind the 109 and Spit for it to continue as a first rate fighter.

That said, the Hurri does do some things well.  With any sort of steam up it turns nicely, better than the vast majority of fighters in AH, and it has leathal firepower, while the ammo lasts. Come in with alt and dive in, scrap around and try to sneak out when E, fuel (burns very quickly) or ammo run low.

There is nothing that can make the Hurri a high K/D ratio plane in AH, unless you are very good, AKA Festerbot.  Even an A6M5 will run you down in a chase.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Hurricane
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
...and bring LOTS of gas.  I was amazed how fast it empties its fuel supply!

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Hurricane
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul:
...and bring LOTS of gas.  I was amazed how fast it empties its fuel supply!

Certainly, i found that out the hard way after getting 5 kills in that thing and thinking "im going to take these home" lol

Not gonna happen hehe

I always take DTS and a full tank for nearly every sortie now.  :)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Hurricane
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2001, 10:45:00 AM »
It most definitely needs to be perked.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Hurricane
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
Fly it into a furball, and stay <cough> fast.  Use the InstaKill cannons and turn rate to grab snap shots.  Repeat.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Hurricane
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
It can turn, it has 4 hispanos, it can dive for speed... what else is there?  

Just like Santa says... HO HO HO

:)

seriously though, I've had Hurri's surprise me a couple of times, some times I make it out with my hide intact but I've ridden the silk down more than once to long range Hurri-kills.

-Soda
The Assassins

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Hurricane
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2001, 04:39:00 AM »
I fly the hurry a lot.
My advise: Get some good altitude, and allow the plane to get its full speed before entering combat.
In a low angle full WEP decent enter the fray at 400 mph!
Most enemies try to outrun you, just spits turn with you, many will dive and then go on the vertical.
With more speed than they think, you can eat almost any enemy. I remember engaging 5 enemies, killing all of them in my hurry  :D
Well, 2 of them were a HO, the rest just underestimated my speed and didn't even bother to check their 6 properly,.... duhh, its just a Hurricane, he can't catch my G10, hehe
I also keep my cannons converged on 600 yds, you can kill with this thing up to 1K.
Good luck  :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Hurricane
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2001, 05:05:00 AM »
AH has a Hurricane, I couldnt tell.  :)

Its very slow and not a dweebfire so nobody flies it.  :)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Hurricane
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2001, 06:04:00 AM »
Hi AmOn,

take a look at this thread, helped me a lot!

Help Forum -> Turn and burn

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Hurricane
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2001, 06:13:00 AM »
LOL, Toad! Remember when the Hurri was announced and there were people here who were yelling to make it a perk ride? I still laugh at that argument! Bet those guys are ducking their heads in shame everytime that is mentioned...   :D

Dang, need more sleep, typos...

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Kieran ]

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Hurricane
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2001, 07:47:00 AM »
Duedel thanks if you look at that thread you'll see i responded to it a while ago  :)

Thanks though after reading it again i see im flying the hurricane wrong if what they posted is correct.

I just dont understand how you could E fight in this thing, you gotta zoom up to regain energy eventualy and this air craft just cant do that.