Author Topic: Turn rate  (Read 744 times)

Offline NOD2000

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Turn rate
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2002, 12:29:23 PM »
i say the best turner of AH is Hurr I cuz that plane is so easy to fly.........u have to get use to the no neg g thing but i have out turned zeke's at 25% fuel...........and it even had a alt advantige on me..... and for the temp it is a b and z plane it sucks at ground level..........i have figured out how to avoid b and z ppl real easily.......1. be in a buff (top turrent is handy aginst b and z ppl) 2. watch out the back of your cockpit and when he gets about 1000 - 900yrds from u. just get in a sharp and lose a little alt cuz they lose E big time when they try to turn that little bit to try and hit u....................thats the advantige of low alt planes.........a high alt plane comes in on your 6 just turn.....then they got to go 3.0k to get turned around.......lol i don't even see the point of high alt planes once u make them lose E they just fall like flies...........

Offline Pony6

• Zinc Member
Turn rate
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2002, 12:16:16 PM »
The good high alt pilot won't sacrafice his E in that turn though NOD, much easier to go vertical and let the turner burn his alt and/or E in all those break turns to get away from the Alt plane diving on his 6, remember sharp and loose a lil alt only works for so long before the Earth says stop

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Turn rate
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2002, 06:48:32 AM »
Thx fro great site Vector

Offline DblTrubl

• Copper Member
Turn rate
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2002, 01:11:39 PM »
I fly the Ki-61 quite a bit and it's a pretty good turner. At 250 IAS give or take, it will turn with or out turn just about anything. In a low speed sustained turn it doesn't do quite as well. I'd rank it just behind the Spit 9 and N1K2, and just ahead of the F6F and P-38.

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Turn rate
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2002, 11:25:37 AM »
Did you ever notce there are only a few guy's that ever take the time to test thing like turn rates and radius in AH?

With the film viewer giving digital readouts it should be very easy now to do accurate testing.

I will run a few a post the results in the A/C and Vehicals section.

BTW. Some of the guesses here a way off.