Author Topic: WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's  (Read 562 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2002, 10:14:24 PM »
Originally posted by paintmaw
My only question is,"Why a thread is locked for callin those 30k alt monkey LA-7 AKbiscuit guys gay", but a guy can log on with a name like Fuc*man?
I say ban em all LOL :)

I saw "hotcock" in the arena today, some folks have no class whatsoever, not to mention the folks in charge who let it ride....
I realize this aint no church choir in here but a little less tolerance
would be nice IMO.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2002, 07:32:29 AM »
"hotcock" might as well be called the masterbater!!!

Muhahaha!!! i have seen some  names like that . and i wonder what in the hell are these jerkoffs thinkin? are they thinking they might get lucky and have cyber sex while flying an air combat sim?

I wouldnt like to  show up at an AH convention and have everyone call me some pervo name. ......hummm well maybe Long Dong would be ok  at the bar  so the waitresses might take notice tho :D

Offline K West

• Silver Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2002, 07:35:32 AM »
"not to mention the folks in charge who let it ride...."

You're assuming they KNOW of it.

Westy

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2002, 07:39:52 AM »
The guys with those names aren't thinking. they are 14 yr olds out to show the world how bad they are. They have a very rude shock coming. :)

Most of us seemingly innocent crusty old buggers can out bad them without even trying.

:) Bring it on punks, make my day!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2002, 09:20:35 AM »
I once shot down someone named "cockface" ... what a picture that presented.

I didn't think that handles such as this were allowed !?!?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2002, 09:29:13 AM »
They aren't allowed... imagine how much time it takes to create a name filter and to try to concieve every possible combination of "bad" words...

Damn near impossible. So report the problem or it will stay- HTC doesn't monitor the arena 24/7 because they have other more important stuff to do.
-SW

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2002, 10:44:16 AM »
I think Arabian Knights should be made to change their name to Arabian Biscuits :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2002, 11:21:27 AM »
Originally posted by paintmaw
I think Arabian Knights should be made to change their name to Arabian Biscuits :)

mmmmmm biscuits  ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2002, 11:51:34 AM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe
They aren't allowed... imagine how much time it takes to create a name filter and to try to concieve every possible combination of "bad" words...

Damn near impossible. So report the problem or it will stay- HTC doesn't monitor the arena 24/7 because they have other more important stuff to do.
-SW

You have a point there, maybe HiTech does have better things to do, but ... "damn near impossible" !!! I don't think so ... I have written MANY filters and this one would not be that complex.

Every time a person registers and request a GameID, scan the resulting string for key words that are kept in a table. You don't have to create every possible combination, just populate the table with the offensive words, the string search/match will do the rest.

ERROR: Your gameid contains a string of characters that are considered offensive. Please try again ...

Now was that so hard ?

The trick would be to allow such handles as "titus" or "shitake". I would not allow them regardless. There are too many other choices for gameids/handles. If you really really wanted a rejected gameid, you could send an email to HTC support asking for a gameid change and they could determine if it would be offensive or not.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2002, 11:59:35 AM »
People these days can get pretty creative.

Example: nose 5m0king oscar b@|\|d1t.

You need a helluva filter to get just half of 'em.

Better to leave it open and deal with 'em as their created.
-SW

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2002, 12:05:48 PM »
true ... so very true.

Both could be implemented. Programming for the obvious and us (players) for the not-so obvious.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2002, 12:23:26 PM »
AFAIK, only letters and numbers are allowed in handles. So you could easily filter out the bad nicks if you included the l33t-speech letter equivalents, like 5 for S or 7 for T

Example: kill all noseS, Perl-style

if (handle=~m/[Cc][Oo0][Cc][Kk]/) {
   print out, "We already got all the noodles we need.\n";
}

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2002, 12:25:23 PM »
You know.... I kind of like most of the AK's. They're pretty cool and they'll give me a check 6 and or clear me 6. Hell... I'll dive down and assis one of them if they need it w/out much thought.

As far as I'm concerned they're okay... not gay... heh.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2002, 01:11:16 PM »
What is so bad about being gay?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WARNING DO NOT SLAM AK's
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2002, 01:17:56 PM »
but the LW are gayer... they are gay like the Village People, we're only gay like Wailand Smithers.
-SW