Author Topic: India vs Pakistan  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2002, 03:18:15 PM »
Any nuclear scale war, in this day and age, could conceivably destroy the world. Currently, there are two-million troops opposing each other in encampments not even three-thousand feet apart. It certainly would not take much to touch this powder keg off.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2002, 03:21:34 PM »
You gotta admit, if this comes to pass, it would be a prime opportunity to catch rats trying to cross the border out of Pakistan.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2002, 03:31:39 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
100,000 dead in an Indian City....no way man..gotta be more than that

No kidding, they can lose that many in a train wreck :eek:

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2002, 03:33:51 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
They've been at each other's throats for decades miko. There's no real difference.

What the heck are you talking about? CIA report clearly says that the current policy of Al-Kaeda is to topple gen. Musharaff beause he is our friend - by any means possible, including assasination or destabilising the country.
 How could they have been trying to topple him for decades? He only came to power recently and until 6 month ago his was the only state recognizing Taliban as a government - untill he joined us!
 Musharaff does not want war, neither do most of pakistani's or indians. The problem is that they are manipulated towards war in the context of Al-Kaeda/USA war.

I agree in general that there are often good cases to leave bastards to their own devices. We should never have helped Kuwaiti princes against Iraq. We should not have interfered with attempts of OBL to topple Saudi monarchy. We probably should not have stuck our nose into Israeli/Plestinian conflict. We stupidly did that and Al-Kaeda declared war on us.
 So we got scared and went looking for friends to help us fight the mighty Al-Kaeda in the mighty Afghanistan. Musharaff was one of the first and most helpfull to answer our call.
 Of course our friends have their own historic burdens - and the enemies we suddenly share with them will try to use those burdens to defeat our friends. To me that is not a good reason to abandon them once going gets tough. Or next time we will not find any friends on call.

miko

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2002, 03:49:18 PM »
no miko, india and pakistan have been at each other's throats for a loooong time before this.

That Al-Queada is putting fire on their rumps... well, not surprising either. But hey, if CIA knows, dont you guess the Indians and Pakistanies know by now?

Either way, they'll keep at it, all they do is posture and throw threats around. Its almost a tradition for 'em by now ;)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2002, 04:03:56 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d

--snip-- So we got scared and went looking for friends to help us fight the mighty Al-Kaeda in the mighty Afghanistan. Musharaff was one of the first and most helpfull to answer our call.
 --snip--
 miko

At first I thought... Which universe is Miko in today? Then I changed my mind...........

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2002, 04:06:16 PM »
BTW I'll take India and give the 14 points.

:p

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2002, 04:09:11 PM »
Let em duke it out, who cares.

Aww, and that big radio-active cloud would linger over Red China?  Aww, bummer   :o

Let the Euros police their own backyard for once.  Remember that little French thing we tried to help out in...Vietnam?

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2002, 04:44:04 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
miko: So we got scared and went looking for friends to help us fight the mighty Al-Kaeda in the mighty Afghanistan. Musharaff was one of the first and most helpfull to answer our call.
 At first I thought... Which universe is Miko in today? Then I changed my mind...........

Besides sarcasm (obvious in "scared" and "mighty"), what factual inconsistency did you find in my post?

Tac: That Al-Queada is putting fire on their rumps... well, not surprising either. But hey, if CIA knows, dont you guess the Indians and Pakistanies know by now?
 I guess not - since Al-Quaeda plans seem to be working. But why would they be any less ignorant and pig-headed than average american?
 Pakistanis did not want to help US go after Taliban - Musharaf did. Pakistanis in general are not the ones infiltrating into India - a handful of US enemies do that. But when India hits back, they will have to fight. Does Indian government have a choice not to hit back if such incursions continue? Hardly. If it chooses not to, it will be promptly replaced by the one that does - even if it will take muslim or hindu fundamentalists to kill them and open way for more radical ones.
 No matter how you turn it, the lesson will be clear - side up with USA and you will find yourself deep in s#@t! Of course pakistanis did not have to learn it first hand - they could have asked iraqi Kurds (whom we've thrown to the wolves because otherwise it would have upset our friend Turkey). Instead of gas they risk to get a few H-bombs for their trouble.

miko

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2002, 05:04:53 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d

Besides sarcasm (obvious in "scared" and "mighty"), what factual inconsistency did you find in my post?

miko

Sorry miko, but sarcasm is obvious through tone or inflection, not through your choice of words.

And some of the very best of trolls are factually consistent.

As to our "friends" always being "thrown to the wolves", I'm afraid that just isn't true. For clarification see Great Britain, France, Saudi Arabia, All of Western Europe, Kuwait etc. I can't think of a better friend to have than the biggest baddest MoFo on the block!

Miko wrote: Of course throwing our closest most proven friends to the wolfs will be in line with our country character and past behavior...

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2002, 05:08:31 PM »
miko, why do you think the U.S. wanted/needed Pakistan's help with Al Qaeda?

Could it be that the U.S. knows that many in Pakistan support Al Qaeda/Taliban and that rather than declare war on Pakistan the U.S. was offering Pakistan an opportunity and help in taking control of their problem?

I see it more as a face saving gesture offered to Pakistan than a real need for their help.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Black Sheep

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/empire21productions
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2002, 05:14:40 PM »
Miko - are u CIA? They only tell us stuff they want us to know - otherwise post something to back your statement...you know you'll be ribbed until you do (recently confirmed gives me no resource to back YOUR claim) - or opinion

Clarify this as well please:

Of course throwing our closest most proven friends to the wolfs will be in line with our country character and past behavior...

:)

Offline Tracer-15

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/drenched15/mypage.html
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2002, 05:46:34 PM »
frankly.......the idea of them starting a nuclear boxing match scares the hell outa me....and the little crack about the euros fending for themselves......i got a very good friend in germany.....i would be VERY...pissed to see her die from some crap like that......if those mid easterners want to gas or chem the hell outa each other.....fine....but when it comes to nukes too much is at stake to start playing.....because if one starts.....others will follow.....now im not one of those anti-nuke activists......i think they keep the balance.....by placeing everyone under duress.....BUT......if used......god help us all

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2002, 08:09:25 PM »
Originally posted by Tracer-15
frankly.......the idea of them starting a nuclear boxing match scares the hell outa me....and the little crack about the euros fending for themselves......i got a very good friend in germany.....i would be VERY...pissed to see her die from some crap like that......if those mid easterners want to gas or chem the hell outa each other.....fine....but when it comes to nukes too much is at stake to start playing.....because if one starts.....others will follow.....now im not one of those anti-nuke activists......i think they keep the balance.....by placeing everyone under duress.....BUT......if used......god help us all

I dont think anyone has told Europe to "fend for itself"...I, however, stated it would be nice if they tended to their backyard though.  That's all.

Offline Tracer-15

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/drenched15/mypage.html
India vs Pakistan
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2002, 02:48:57 PM »
ok