Author Topic: It must be where you fly  (Read 155 times)

DejaVu

It must be where you fly
« on: February 09, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
I flew for about an hour this evening.  I wasn't really in the offensive mode, so I decided to do some fighter sweeps.  Most of the engagements were the usual fights.. lotsa positioning and waiting until someone made a mistake.

By the end of first sortie:
1 La 5 winged, 1 Spit IX killed, 1 P-51 killed and 1 P-38 killed.  RTB ok.

I'm beginning to think "wow.. where are the 1Cs and N1ks?".  I noticed that there were some people hitting A8 so I decided to defend there.  I came up at A19 and came into 8 from the south.  Bish were hitting it very hard with a CV parked just to the west.  I got down and dirty with some other rooks that were upping from 8.

By the end of my second sortie:

1 F4u-1C kill, 1 Seafire Kill, 1 F4u-1D kill, 1 Fw 190A-8 kill.  Finally killed in HO with Seafire.  Was a real dumb move.

I decided that it was pretty fun at A8, so I upped 19 again and headed over there.  I noticed that there were fewer friendlies (fh had just gone down) and decided to fly to the east of A8 and check for a C47.  I aproached the factories to the east of A8 and noticed two low cons.  One of them apeared to be straffing the factories.  I caught him at the stall point of his hammerhead and damaged an engine, blew a wingtip and various other parts off.  As I rolled out, I came noticed the C47.  He went down in a spray of bullets.  Then I returned and finished the P-38 that was still flying, but never made an attempt to do anything but straff more factories (no help for C47).

I decided to head towards 8 and help the few remaining cons there.  I came in on an F6F and F4u-1D...

Final tally after Sortie 3:

1 P-38, 1 C-47, 1 F6F.  Finally killed by a F4u-1D that I had just blown to bits.  I mistakingly thought that the missing parts on his wings were ailerons.. turns out they were flaps.  That hurt.

I returned to the east of A8.  There were no longer any friendlies at 8 so I figured a C47 was inbound again.  I came in above all of the low cons at 8 and proceded to hunt for the C47.  He was just east of the base, but I'd have to dive into a hornets nest to get him.  I did it and ended up pinging, but not killing the C-47.  Now I turned back for an HO aproach and finished the job, only giving 1 F4u-1D a shot at me.  I managed to egress with enough e to keep me out of harmes way.

I returned and decided to keep my e and straff the F4u-1C that was landing.  I hadn't noticed that A8 was captured and was pinged by ack.  I developed a fuel leak.

An F4u-1D had also attatched himself to my 6.  I did not have enough e to escape him and was killed just before a successful scissors move.  It was a nice snapshot.

Sortie 4:

1 C-47 kill.  Died to same fricking F4u-1D pilot again.

A6 was now under attack.  Cobra and GronK had been defending the base in osties, but were not getting much air support.  As I showed up, there was a Spit IX and B-17 over the base about 1k above me.  I decided that engaging the spit with an E disadvantage would be a bad move and was amazed that the spit overflew me without engaging.  I also decided that the B-17 looked as if he was out of bombs and I wasn't about to engage those .50's with my current E state.  I decided to fly farther south and see what was heading in.

I found a low lancaster and was fortunate enough to dive on him just as another rook came in on his 6.  I took the tail and wing off the Lanc without taking a ping.  The other rook wasn't so lucky and succumbed to the lanc's guns.  As I came off the tumbling lanc, I noticed that the spit was now engaging me.  He was 1.1k behind and about co-e.  Silly spit.  I drug him low, over the osties and began to separate.  He broke at 1.4k yards and we ended up tangling at about 5k.  He made a couple mistakes and lost a wing.  

I decided to fly to A7 and intercept planes from there.  I bumped into a B-26 along the way that also had the worlds worst gunner.  I survived a dead 6 aproach and managed massive pings on him.  I moved onto 7 where we were bounced by a higher P-51.  Thank God Mighty1 was geared up for the job.  He saved my bacon.

5th sortie:

1 Lanc kill, 1 Spit IX kill, 1 B-26 kill, 1 109G-6 kill, 1 109G-6 vulch.  RTB ok.

Quite an hour of play.  1 CHog kill.  Never saw a N1k.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
It must be where you fly
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
Hmmm.. different account popped up.  wierd.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
It must be where you fly
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2001, 10:15:00 PM »
It is weird where is that paradise u talkin about ?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
It must be where you fly
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2001, 01:50:00 AM »
Yup DejaVu,
I noticed this after I had a leave in the Arena, (I was still reading the BB, during the Big F4U1Cnikki moanfest). It took me 2 days before I finaly saw the Dreaded Fuknikki...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.