Author Topic: A treat for the AH community  (Read 481 times)

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
A treat for the AH community
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
Thx Mars great story. I lived in Eugene when I was a kid about 30 years ago.   Went to Pumpkin Shell nursery school there. Eating all that paste effected my schooling ever since.  

lazs

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
One of the best posts I have ever seen on this board.
lazs

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
Great read. More, more!

bowser

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2001, 11:57:00 PM »
Thanks Mars!   Great reading.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
Thank you very much Mars!!!

-Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
Wow, truly a gift from the Mrs.
Thanks for sharing!

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
Thx Mars I enjoyed it as well, if you have anymore, please post.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
Very good reading, thanks

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
 Yes sir great reading (S)

------------------
 DRILL                     CO 457TH
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Mars

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.screaminmeanies.com
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2001, 12:37:00 AM »
Hey guys!   Thanx for the great replys! Ill certainly make sure that Jeanie knows just how much this is appreciated!!    (I MIGHT even end up with a kickass apple pie too!) She is an extremely sweet lady!!
    Heheh!!     The truth is, this ALMOST never came about.  My fool roomate, who knows NOTHING about PC's or the net and considers the simple act of going to webpages "Hacking" called me from his favorite bar hangout, drunk and demanding i come down to meet the "Nish lady with a bushded comprurer!" that he'd been tellin me about. At first i said no ,figuring i'd end up with a headache box or worse  yet end up gettin "Married" to someones problem machine but he just kept screaming " NO!!YOU HAVE TO!!!" and finally i relented and agreed to come down to the bar, a class act place called(back then) The North Bank.
       Now keep in mind that I generally don't drink much nor care to be around people who do and like most people tend to keep a low profile in crowds. My Roomate is exactly opposite.
      As i peeked into the bar i noticed the local DA and at least a dozen lawyers and detectives all sitting around having a good time, plus a load of yuppies, the usual crowd, no biggie. I sat down at the empty end of the bar and began scoping the scene for my roomate and after a minute spied him way at the other end of the bar room apparently having an animated comversation with this tiny elderly woman and over the noisy din of the bar i can make out "Do you really think he can do it?" "This isn't putting him out is it??" "Are you sure??" "Are you sure"? and my roomate, drunker-n-hell, waving his arms and roaring "NOOOO..NOOOO! HE'LL DO IT! Then...The fool see's me, stands up and screams at the top of his lungs "THERRRE HE IIIIIS!! THE GEEK WITH THE SSSSPIKE JOB!! HE'S THE BEST whoopee HACKER IN THE WORLD!!!" "IM HIS ROOMATE AND IVE SEEN HIM BREAK INTO toejam ALLLLL THE TIME!!!!!!   The music stopped, the whole place went silent and EVERYONE, turned, folded their arms and began staring at yours truly. HARD, "cop stares" mind you. Now, im not a hacker and i have nothing to hide except for maybe the odd Metallica MP3 from Napster and it was simply a matter of using an OLD proggy to open the files, but I bolted for the door in embarrasment and that 2% chance they'd grab me and MAKE something wrong with me.(We're talkin Oregon here ) Behind me i can here Captain Foolio bellowing "He even scores pictures of airplanes for FREEEEE!!!" "FORRR FREEEE!!"
      Well , fortunatly, my roomy is one of those "determined" drunks and managed to chase me down in the parking lot while dragging this poor woman behind him and after i calmed down i was able to meet Jeanie, whom my roomy it turns out has known for many years, find out what the story was and arrange to get the disks.
    For those of you in Oregon, Jeanie has donated a huge portion of Capt.Riddles' war collection of photos, medals and memorabilia to the Oregon Air and Space Museum at the Eugene Airport for a display(i consider it a shrine).
      I DO have more of them to post!  Unfortunatly there doesn't appear to be enough for a book though However, they do give a  small but fascinating look at what can only be considered as an adventure of a lifetime.

Mars

"NO!!......NO!!!!..I WON'T eat it!!"
                    -Christopher Walken in "Mouse Hunt"-

Offline Mars

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.screaminmeanies.com
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »
LOL!

To JIMDANDY:  Incredible as this may sound I actually went to the same Pumkin Shell pre-school up in the south hills off of 29th street about 30 years ago.LOL... I was the kid who NEVER stopped crying "I w-w-w-want my Mah(sniff)Mah(Sniff)Mommmaaaa!" and for my crimes i DISTINCTLY remember being banished to the "Einstein" corner with the kid who wouldn't stop eating paste!!  What are the odds of this??  
"NO!!......NO!!!!..I WON'T eat it!!"
                    -Christopher Walken in "Mouse Hunt"-