Author Topic: Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.  (Read 1826 times)

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2002, 03:20:41 AM »
Originally posted by K West
"... Lince and Zamo (the F4U fans and ex AirWarrior players) have told me many times that F4U is undermodeled at AH (poor climb-rate)..."

Based on what? AW's flight model?  :rolleyes:

Westy

Yes. According to them the F4U was much more competitive in AW that here.  I never flew AW.

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2002, 03:26:23 AM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe

So basically, that wasn't a whine.
-SW

Then basically, my opinions wasn't a whine.

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2002, 03:37:49 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
I flew the Bf-109F-2 last night for the first time and had no problems knocking down N1Kis and LaGGs, so long as I caught them when their backs were turned. :)

According to the stats you not shotdown any the La 7 this tour.

...and about the Cubans, I think that they are very busy looking for a breakfast.   Be careful, Cubans can throw big stones at 425 miles.

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2002, 07:50:23 AM »
LaGG is a different company than the La, isnt it?.

Daff

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2002, 08:24:23 AM »
"Yes. According to them the F4U was much more competitive in AW that here."

As I thought.  And it basically means squat because the just about all the FM's in AW were universally screwed up.  I can understand why they would not post here. If they think that using AW for the basis of what they think is realistic and that the way AW's aircraft were modelled would be any yard stick for what they think should be a simulated flight model then they'd be ridiculed pretty badly.

Westy

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2002, 08:44:09 AM »
widewing... I would contend that your alt theory is.... simplistic.

The advantage of alt (over the target)for me is that the con has to fight me if I have the alt.   If he has alt.... It simply means that he has to come down to be a danger to me or that I have to waste a lot of time working my way up to him which,  is boring in the extreme...   Fortunately... the arena is packed enough most of the time when I am on that it is not a real problem.   The advantage to being lower than the con is that he thinks he has the advantage and it makes him overcome his timidity.
lazs

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2002, 08:46:32 AM »
Originally posted by DarkglamJG52

Then basically, my opinions wasn't a whine.

Oh no, you see what I was saying in no way correlates with the way you were saying your "opinions".

Here, I'll remind you:
"Negative, some pilots fly the spit very very well, with brain and using well the UFO technology."

See, you referenced something mythical that does not exist. This is a whine.

"The N1K is a decent airplane while the Spit V and Spit IX have the same ridiculous UFO-FM."

And this, same thing. Oh, and you are definitely the first person to say the N1K2 does not have a UFO FM and the Spit does...

"Ridiculous, UFO, in what way?

1) 15 G's movements without structural failure
2) Eternal nose up (also in the N1K)
3) Outurn a Zeke (Spit V)  
4) Magical E maintenance
5) One Hispano ping D800=kill
6) Optimist roll-rate 200-300Mph
7) etc, etc, etc..."

Well, this whole paragraph is just wrong. 15G's? Without structural damage? Have you tried to do that offline? Betcha can't. You overexagerated your point.

Eternal nose up... dunno, just sounds like a whine.

Outturn a Zeke... SpitV... well I'm not to surprised. The SpitV got destroyed by A6M2s and A6M3s, not A6M5bs...

Magical E maintenance.. well, it's actually E retention... but anyway, you can't prove it's magical.

One hispano ping D800=kill, you ever asked the guy how many times he saw pings on you? Again, something you can't prove.. especially not just by sound.

Optimist roll-rate... well, the SpitIX is a combination of a bunch of Spit versions and is no one version. So you can't really prove if it's accurate or not based on whichever SpitIX model they pulled the roll rate from.

etc etc etc... sounds like you ran outta things to whine about there!

"Sure. Spit dweeb procedure: Take off, shot d 3.0, nose up and shot against plane at 5k alt near field. The end of the history is very well-known, the 109 or P51 or P38 or 190 or F4 or P47 pilot dive and kill the moron...and of course says "other dweeb killed". "

And then you go on to whine about the people who fly 'em.

Okay, so this is your opinion.... but it's definitly a bunch of whines. Opinionated whines, maybe. but whining nonetheless.
-SW

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2002, 08:48:39 AM »
Originally posted by Daff
LaGG is a different company than the La, isnt it?.

Daff

No, La in LaGG stands for Lavochkin. The GG are two other designers I think... Gorbunov,Gudkov.. I don't know if those guys left or what.
but the La5 is just an LaGG-3 fuselage with a radial engine.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2002, 08:50:40 AM »

Luftwhining?  :) and what about alliedwhining? You don't read the thread against Me 110 started by -ammo-?  or the thread protesting for the Spit XIV  quality?  Here everybody cries,  not only the fans of the LW planes or the spanish players and  nobody doubts of their reputation.

Ahh, Ammo's wasn't a whine, it was a fact. The 110 is indeed overmodeled.  See the bug forum.  :cool:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2002, 08:53:39 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2002, 10:11:29 PM »

Yes. According to them the F4U was much more competitive in AW that here.  I never flew AW.

Whomever you had asked was probably a relaxed realism flyer in AW, where the F4 was a lot more competitive.  In the FR arenas it was a different story and not many newbies flew it there.

Ack-Ack

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2002, 02:45:01 AM »
Originally posted by akak

Whomever you had asked was probably a relaxed realism flyer in AW, where the F4 was a lot more competitive.  In the FR arenas it was a different story and not many newbies flew it there.

Ack-Ack

Negative. L1NCE was 42 as fighter last tour, at the moment is
39 on tour 29. I think that he flew at FR arenas always.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2002, 03:46:03 AM »

In AW it had a 4K/Min rate of climb.  Otherwise it was pretty much the same as in AH.

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2002, 04:11:48 AM »
Originally posted by Montezuma

In AW it had a 4K/Min rate of climb.  Otherwise it was pretty much the same as in AH.

With wep on -13% aprox in AH. But chars of climb rate don't specify fuel level and other variables.