Author Topic: Agw  (Read 534 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Agw
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2002, 04:36:19 AM »
Julle just thinks having no icons is realistic, like real world pilots thought they have to look out of the window through a trinitron monitor..

Julle just thinks Zoom is dweeby even though without zoom you can't see the FOV aspect ratio you normally have. Monitor can't quite cover the field of view but it can show you that one small piece of what you should see all around you in real size.

No inflight dar is quite ok if the game has an organizer who constantly keeps updates on enemy positions - otherwise it sucks if ppl won't sit in tower to help others out.

RPS - now there's an idea I like myself too.

Conclusion: Julle's concept of a realistic gameplay is just about as unrealistic it can get on a computer MOG.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Agw
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2002, 04:43:17 AM »
Originally posted by julle
I personally have never said anything to offend AH/il-2/WWIIOL on these boards.

Originally posted by julle
SO: why should a WWII era "sim" enthustiastic even try quakes high?!

To answer your question . . . Why the hell should anyone care what I think about why they should fly AH?  That's HTC's job and HTC's business.  And, if you'll take note of the numbers in the "quakes high" main arena, you might get the impression that they're doing a pretty damned good job of it.

Just because a certain set of game play design features are appealing to you, does not mean they are appealing to others, and it certainly doesn't mean they are more realistic.

SOB

PS...It's becoming apparent that you are indeed one of the "idiots" I was referring to in my earlier post.  Flame away at me and whatever game you choose, then play whatever game you choose, I really couldn't care less about any of it, but I do find you amusing (if that's any consolation for you).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2002, 04:45:23 AM by SOB »
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Agw
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2002, 04:43:21 AM »
For the others not-in-the-know I was referring to a totally other post by this creature. I personally have never said anything to offend AH/il-2/WWIIOL on these boards. I play 2 of these games and have tried the 3rd too. If I canīt play AH itīs ALL the same to me if you can. To you my post seems odd since it refers to something you donīt see here. The word: "stupidities" caught my attention. Since it (ripley) had accused me being lame for supporting the Brewster to AH!

Here I go again: Brewster into AH!  <=Suck that...

julle, NOT converting anyone to ANY game!

Impossible as it seems, you make my boozonical rants seem pale in comparison.

What you said, is ... well tarded for sure, but I'm still miffed.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Agw
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2002, 07:10:52 AM »
Julle is one of the sad delusional Warbirders who believe making things uneccessarily difficult equates to ultra realism. While low icons is perhaps a step in the right direction no icons is not realistic at all not even with the best hardware currently available.

The MkI eyeball is a very complex bit of kit but it works very well...so well him upstairs never felt the need to update or patch it ;) You can never offer the same kind of detail and visibility on flat 2 dimensional computer monitor and this is made worse when you can only run at 1600x1200 max. The other problem you have is its never going to be a level playing field with a multitude of computer specs out there limiting many players by the maximum resolution their pc's can handle and also the size of hteir monitor making a difference also.

No radar? while I might not always agree with the accuracy given in these sims it does simulate the control tower giving the location of cons, perhaps to make what we have realistic a little more lag is needed in the way it updates.

Zoom and icons...well I've already covered that above

RPS - I enjoyed tha RPS in Warbirds but it was ALWAYS a point of contention for both sides as WB never had a large enough planeset to fill in all the gaps so often we had 'substitutes' :rolleyes: very histroical. One day though when one of the sims has a big enough planeset this can work but only as an alternative to the main arena and let the players decide where they play, there is definately a market for the current AH MA thats for sure. If you want to look at how revered the WW2A/RPS was in WB take a look at AGW attopics just in this last month with many players describing how it split up their squads and saw many players leave.

As for the historical planeset, we have the CT for that and it sees enough players to make it interesting and probably more than the War Room or EA as I remember it. I used to fly there but got fed up of flying with 3 other players, the War room is a failure plain and simple and a concession by iEN to try and keep a bunch of realism zealots subscribing.