Author Topic: A good start.....  (Read 420 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
A good start.....
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2002, 10:25:46 PM »
You Canadians don't have a leg to stand on. How many terrorist do you think call Canada home with your WIDE open door immigration policy? eh?

Not to be rude, but you aren't much better off.

I'm sure you know that the 9/11 perps were in your country for a hell of a long time.

I do agree with you that Canada's immigration policy is suspect at best Eagler, but cracking down on average joe, and the 65+ snowbird crowd (millions of Canadians living in the USA at least 1/2 the year btw) is a move I'd expect from a Clinton-esque government, not the current government, which had my deepest respect until these recent restrictions on us.

Canada worked so well with the USA in Afgahnistan, our troops were heralded by the entire US command, as well as the President, and are credited with saving numerous US troops, and being VERY tough to boot.  Hell, even after an F16 nuked a bunch of our guys, the messages sent out by most Canadians was that the pilot shouldn't be punished for doing his job, and it was a toejamty thing that happened in a war zone.  

Kind of a crappy way to repay ones allies, although, I can understand if it's a statement of disdain towards Canada's government, as I despise it also.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2002, 10:38:29 PM by Gman »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
A good start.....
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2002, 07:03:05 AM »
As I understand it, an immigrant can get into Canada without proper documentation, ie visa / passport. His name is taken and he is let in.
From there who knows of his activities. How many terrorists have come into the US from your country over the last ten years, that we know about. Our borders are to open/easy to cross. It is a real shame as it shouldn't  matter but in today's climate it does and has to be addressed.
I don't see a problem with fingerprinting/photo any immigrant into the states. i would like them all to be. Anyone have a clue how many immigrants overstay their visa? How many are actualy tracked down and booted out? Today ain't yesteryear, thank your average sandsucking raghead terrorist for that....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ddriag

• Zinc Member
A good start.....
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2002, 08:31:03 AM »
I'd like to come and live in Canada. Are there many jobs in TV News ?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
A good start.....
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2002, 08:43:15 AM »
what does fingerprinting arabs have to do with canada?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
A good start.....
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2002, 08:47:57 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Hell ya, I say you guys shouldn't let ANY foreigners in!!.

Udie
I was was refering to this
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
A good start.....
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2002, 09:17:38 AM »
oh, my bad... that is starting to sound like the best option for a while, sucks but it's probably true :(