Author Topic: The much underrated P51.  (Read 1092 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2000, 05:37:00 AM »
lets just fix the paper wing spars on the AC so i can put my faith in it again
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2000, 06:37:00 AM »
RAM buddy, you got an excuse for everything. As you get older you will learn that generally your responsible for what happens to you whether its the virtual arena, or in real life. So if you died, you died period. If you got the kill, great job, you got the kill. But if you only got an assist, whelp you screwed up somewhere and only got an assist.

Two words. Personal responsibility.   Sucess or failure come from you and you alone.

That said...

Who ever said the P-51 wasn't a good plane? I personally rank it along with the G10 as the two best planes in the game, and I've said that since the beta.  Especially if your flying to live.

But I do have to disagree with you on at least one point.

You say early in your post that you got kill after kill, and that the MG's were as effective as the 190's cannons, so we should shut up about "Cannonbirds". But then when Citabria points out that didn't have the kills you claimed you did in the score, you said that they were "assists".  Ummm.... could that be because your using the MG's instead of cannons?  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2000, 07:23:00 AM »
But.but...DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!! WHO SAID IT WAS MY FAULT NOT TO GET THE KILLS!?!??!?! I SAID I GOT ONE STEAL(wingless con) AND 2 ASSISTS!!!! NOT THAT THEY HAD TO BE KILLS! As if they'd be with cannons they would've assist anyway. Both were close combats with me putting some rounds on them and that is not going to kill anything with 2 mausers!!!! (nor with 4 ,to be true.). I simply STATED that I FOUGHT with SEVERAL fw190A5s, and that the 0kill/0deaths says only half the story.

Nexx, yes 3 kills were vulches, i said it clearly in the #1 channel. 2 times Hitech one another one I dont recall. Ok, as you want, sustract them from the K/D, and do it too with the M3: 13/3. Better now?.

About the P51 similar to A5...well a5 accelerates better and rolls much faster. BUt after testing the 50 cals I must say that P51 has better weapons (I'm serious), its faster, and handles very well over 10K, thing that 190As will never do.I see them as completely different planes.

Nath11, I disagree. Yak9U bleeds a lot of E each time it does a move. Not matter it builds it fast too, the thing is that you can win E over it for short laps of time. Plus I find it quite unstable, the P51 is like a rock in that sense.

And 51 has LOADS of ammo. For me is the best plane of AH at all altitude.

Oh well. Screw it. I said nothing. I will gladly see how the P51 used to run until the end of time, not staying and fight. We'll all be quite bored of it but as is "their" 30$ and in MA all is ok, stupid or not, Who minds?.

Last post in this thread.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-31-2000).]

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
Fury has 0 kills and has been killed 1 time in the C-47A.

Fury has 0 kills and has been killed 3 times in the C-47A.

Fury has 0 kills and has been killed 6 times in the C-47A.

Proof that the C47 FM is still wrong.

Fury

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2000, 08:00:00 AM »
My opinion about this..
Some kills killed statistics don't tell the truth when we take in count that newbies are more likely to fly famous P-51 than FW190A5.
Therefore that causes few killed points more for P-51 as they think its a man sized mosquito.

Next... I have tried myself P-51 sometimes also and I've had great success, even when .50 calibers were weaker than those are now.
Really puts me wonder why all that cry on 190s when P-51 outclasses those, what comes to that how I've performed in P-51.
P-51 vs. Fw190 in streaking would mean that P-51 would have greater streak.

*fixed*

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 08-31-2000).]

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
Ram, buddy.  Chill.

The reason the P51 looks so good to ANYBODY that looks at it:

She's got options.  Loads of 'em.  I fly her aggresively (albeit, I have to get used to the lego wings, but hey... ),  others fly it rather timidly. And with it's superb e-retention and top speed both at alt and on the deck, she has a disengagement option no fighter pilot worth his stick would thumb his nose at.

She's got a decent amount of firepower.  True, she's no P47 or 190, but a good full 2 second burst put into a con will generally bring em down.

Throw all these together, and you can see why the P-51 is easy to be called the best.  You can tailor suit and trim her to your fighting style.

Bottom line-

It's all about options.

------------------
-Rebel
"You Rebel Scum"
"You rebel scum"

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
lol Fury

You want some Mini-guns and a howitzer putting in her?  

'Nexx'
NEXX

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2000, 09:21:00 AM »

Originally posted by RAM:

Nexx, yes 3 kills were vulches, i said it clearly in the #1 channel. 2 times Hitech one another one I dont recall. Ok, as you want, sustract them from the K/D, and do it too with the M3: 13/3. Better now?.
[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-31-2000).]

lol RAM, it doesn't bother what kills you get, I'm just going on the title of the topic "The Much Underrated P51" whereas any plane can vulch.  What I mean to say is that your combat kills show how effective the P51 can be, the vulches don't show diddly.  No need to get your knickers in a tiswas!  

Regards

'Nexx'

NEXX

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2000, 09:39:00 AM »

RAM said:

LOL...it should be a good point, but it isnt. You know why?...because there is no assists listed. I fought at least 4 Fw190a5s in the first part of the night (before going to TA), one was quite stolen (but I remained silent)

RAM later said:

I SAID I GOT ONE STEAL(wingless con)

Ram,

Once again I give you the same advice I give you everytime you begin to rant for this long.  Shut up.

Your double standards and mixed messages are transparent to everyone that reads your threads.  Your inate ability to continue arguing long after the battle has been lost reflects poorly on your decision making process and your deductive reasoning.

Simply let it go.

AKDejaVu

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
? sorry I am posting one more post...but...

AK, what do you mean with that?...I stated in the first quoted that one was quite stolen (I severed the wing of a A5 and "someone" came and killed the spinning plane), and that ,still I remained silent.

Then I repeated the same, that I was stolen a wingless con.

Where is the problem there?...I dont see it.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2000, 10:13:00 AM »
When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP digging.

Cobra

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
SOB has 146 kills and has been killed 135 times

Holy toejam!  I'm in the positive!  And RAM, I have only one thing to say to you...Piss Off!  I just read this thread in it's entirety, and that's 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!  If you make it to the con, you owe me a drink.

SOB

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

funked

The much underrated P51.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
"less skilled people are more likely to fly famous P-51 than FW190A5."

ROFL FISHU!!!!

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »
SOB

Hey at 16 last night I had fun stealing a couple of kills from biscuits on rooks (me being a knight). Was talking on RW about it to my squaddies. Ran in and took down a FW190 and a 205. Laughed my arse off!! Was that you RAM? If so, thanks for setting the cementheads up for me - they were easy pickings.

Of course I died alot more than I killed. Hey - someone has to be the target....

------------------
Sour
>JG-2 Richthofen

"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 08-31-2000).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The much underrated P51.
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2000, 12:05:00 PM »
*click**click**click**click**click**click*

(tosses controller into wall) *thump*

*sigh*

"Yo, it's squeak hour again and it looks like the damn clickers busted.. all the channels are playin the same noise again.... "

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.