Author Topic: request: Ostwind gunner front indicator  (Read 141 times)

Offline Boozer

• Copper Member
request: Ostwind gunner front indicator
« on: June 08, 2002, 07:57:55 AM »
Any way to modify ostie art to indicate which compass direction points to the front of the vehicle while in gunner position?
  Or is there one already that I'm not aware of?
   I need a better visual clue than terrain passing by, I cant tell and I'd guess any reall gunner would know from feel the movement  of the vehicle.

Offline Packy

• Zinc Member
Re: request: Ostwind gunner front indicator
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 12:56:05 PM »
Originally posted by Boozer
Any way to modify ostie art to indicate which compass direction points to the front of the vehicle while in gunner position?
  Or is there one already that I'm not aware of?
   I need a better visual clue than terrain passing by, I cant tell and I'd guess any reall gunner would know from feel the movement  of the vehicle.

yeah!  many other folks have suggested this too.  It is easy to get disoriented if one is manning a gun, swiveling the turret, whilst driving down a bumpy road! lol
best suggestions i have heard was to use a "clock" position of turret to hull so that the hull is always considered to be at 12 oclock (someone on here said this is what the germans had in their WW2 panzers).  another good suggestion was to use a top-down wire diagram of GV to indicate turret to hull position (similar to Panzer Elite system)