Author Topic: Newbie here, Need HELP! Pls.  (Read 294 times)

Offline BruinMike

• Zinc Member
Newbie here, Need HELP! Pls.
« on: June 05, 2002, 07:36:21 PM »
my sidewinder joystick seems way to sensitive, any way to reduce sensitivity? Plane often goes into spin.

How do you drop bombs and shoot rockets from P-47 etc.? I've looked in help and FAQ files and don't see any instrux for bombs and rockets. Pls help this newbie.

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 08:15:31 PM »
BruinMike

I did a page on setting up your joystick which explains dampening and deadbands.

The last part of Mathman's F6F Write Up talks about jabo (fighter-bomber) techniques.

HaMmeR
netAces.org - Tactics, Info and More!

=GHOSTS=....You Will Believe!

Offline BruinMike

• Zinc Member
thanks, one more question?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 09:33:12 PM »
Thanks Hammer,

But on the rockets and bombs for fighter/bombers I can't figure out which key to hit to release bombs or fire rockets. Hitting "B" merely fires my secondary guns. And, I tried the "toggle weapon" key with no apparent results. I would like to configure my joystick to drop bombs (JABO) and fire rockets but I don't see any instrux.

Also, if I am practicing offline, can AH give me computer simulated opponents to practice against?

Thanks again,

BruinMike

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 10:23:09 PM »
Use the backspace key to toggle between "secondary" fire items: rockets, bombs, drop / external fuel tanks, guns.  Then proceed to use "b" or whatever button on your stick mapped to same.

As for the offline opponents, kill the green guys.  Offline is not like the online world.  By default the 4 P51's cirlcing your base are killable, but takes a lot more damage to kill them versus the online arenas.  For practicing jabo, etc.  go into the setup button, then arena settings and change the "protect objects" to off.  That will allow you to destroy ack, fuel, etc.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2002, 10:26:28 PM by dfl8rms »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2002, 07:04:23 AM »
I'm sure your joystick has something to do with it bud.   But also try not to compress the plane in a trun or climb fast, this is the most realistic sim I've ever played and it takes some practice.  Hang in there, you'll do just fine, just be patient.

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2002, 08:49:29 AM »
Adding to my above post:  Toggle Weapons "backspace" is only effective if you've chosen the bomb / rocket config in the hanger.  Probably knew that, but just wanted to make sure

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2002, 12:16:29 PM »
1st chose your load out in the hanger rockets/bombs/droptanks in the combination you would like.
2nd in the rectangle box in your cockpit as you toggle the backspace key it will say can(cannons) rct(rockets) b250 (bombs 250lbs) DT (extenal drop tank)  and will have a number in the next box telling you how many are on your plane or how many gallons are in the drop tank .  
now your secondary fire key(normaly the "B" or the secondary button on your stick) drops/fires these after it has been selected by the backspace key .

as for joystick lower your deadband and dampaning adj. if your getting the "Do not move your controls so fast" they need more adj .     these are very sensitive and it doesnt take much to make the setting right.

last note if you came from Fighter Ace 2 ,this is a realistic sim vs a arcade sim . you have to learn to fly all over .(think long swooping moves and keep the plane faster then the stall buzzer but not so fast that u cant control it "compressed")

Hammers  http://www.netaces.org/ahtraining/keyboard.html   site has great keyboard commands page that expanes it all .Along with full training/how to fly instructions for this game.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation