Author Topic: downloading set-ups for cougar  (Read 307 times)

Offline sirch

• Zinc Member
downloading set-ups for cougar
« on: June 10, 2002, 07:32:35 AM »
My cougar question is this: If I download one of the set-ups posted here by those helpful members, do I have to actually type in each line in the foxy programming section? Can these set-ups just be loaded in all at once? Can someone please help this dummy out LOL?, with some directions? The cougar manual claims it shows in great detail how to download set-ups from the net and load them into the cougar, but I cannot find word 1 on this subject. They have some 30 some odd game menus already set-up, but none there for AH.:eek:

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 07:52:45 AM »
Download a zip file then point the Cougar software at it.
It will be automatically unzipped into the Hotas profiles folder.

Offline sirch

• Zinc Member
downloading profiles
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 10:36:00 AM »
I downloaded several zip files for cougar profiles from those posted here. I set-up foxy preferences as directed, so foxy uses winzip to unzip them. I then go to files then to distribution zip as directed. Problem is when I click on ANY of those files, I get this same message...foxy has found a problem unzipping these files or something has gone wrong.... It does not specify what or how. Has anyone had this problem? Can someone help with this? I just killed 3 more hours on this and now I gotta leave for work, so I will thank you in advance and check in later tonite or tommorrow.:confused: :confused:

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 01:51:41 PM »
I can only suggest make sure you dont have a problem with Winzip does it work ok ouitside of The Cougar software.
Or have you told the Cougar software the correct directory to find winzip ?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 02:25:35 PM »
You could also just unzip the files yourself into the ..

Foxy\files directory

Then simply open the tmj file or (both - tmj/tmm)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."