Author Topic: Stick stirring  (Read 941 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Stick stirring
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2000, 12:31:00 AM »
I saw a guy doing some stirring in a 190 tonight. On a few different occassions. He denied it, said he was rolling, using only his rudder LOL. Didn't look warpy to me, just stirry.  

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2000, 01:47:00 AM »
Warp rolls are understandably due to net lag and I don't have an issue with it...just unfortunate that they occur.

Ex.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2000, 03:25:00 AM »
Ok I'll bite...
hblair is talking about me. And no, I didn't mean I was just using my rudder. I was using both roll with a bit of rudder. Like what R. Johnson did when he did the mock dogfight against the Spit.. except it sounded more like he did a whole lot of rolling than I would dare to try. I was pretty low already in the A5, and hb came in hot both times. First time I was running from six of them and I knew I was dead, but wanted to at least give them a hard time. Second time I was the last bish in the area and same thing, I wanted to give them a hard time, despite knowing I was pretty much dead. This is one of the first times I've been character attacked in AH, and I didn't like it at all. I had just bought a brand new Cyborg 3D stick to get rid of incessant stick spike that would give me the stick stir code without me giving any input at all. The cyborg is a lot stiffer with a nice spring plainly seen. I would not beat up my brand new stick just to attempt to get away in a game, especially when I knew I was dead. There is absolutely no reason for me to "stick stir" unless the definition includes basic guns defense. There is nothing for me to gain by cheating.. I'm not a high-scorer, and I'm comfortable knowing I'm not going to be one for a long time because I can't spend a lot of time playing online.
The stick stir code is there, and it works. Please do not continue to accuse people of cheating. Tell HTC there is a problem and show it to them and it will probably get fixed.

mauser

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Stick stirring
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2000, 07:40:00 AM »

Originally posted by mauser:

The cyborg is a lot stiffer with a nice spring plainly seen. I would not beat up my brand new stick just to attempt to get away in a game,
mauser

Unfortunately I HAVE beat up a stick or two trying to get away   But I have a nice stock of CH parts for use-as-needed modifications  

AW was bad on sticks. Least for me. I had to rig my combat stick with about 7 o-rings on the Y-axis to fly the mushy Jug there, to give it any feel. This also required some double-sided construction tape (baa velcro is for weaklings).

Thus you can see the potential for damage under all that stress   Namely just springs popping every couple of years, but having a stick go limp, or it coming un-(insert adhesive type here) during a tough fight ain't funny. Least not at the time  

Somethin bout flying a Jug makes people aggressive. Dunno what it is  

Rolling scissors with a stiff flight yoke,
now that's rough. Dang desk feels like it's going to come apart, monitor a shaking etc  

- Jig

[This message has been edited by Jigster (edited 07-07-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2000, 11:26:00 AM »
I've never received, nor seen, that message "Don't jerk your stick so hard'..or whatever it says.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2000, 11:28:00 AM »

Originally posted by Wardog:
I used to get the message all the time,but i found moving Dead Band & Dampers up a touch stops the message.

Also got the message when i reinstalled DX7a as it automaticaly enabled interupes in the Jstick Config area...

Dog out............

This is what I did when in beta on V.34, so this is probably why I've never seen it.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2000, 01:20:00 PM »
What does stirry look like as opposed to warpy. I see 190's and 205's jump around all the time when I get under d300.
BTW I have never gotten the stir messege no matter how fast I move the stick

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2000, 03:42:00 PM »

[This is one of the first times I've been character attacked in AH, and I didn't like it at all.

The first time ya did it, after I killed you, I typed, "No stirring allowed" Was meant as a joke bud   . Nothing more. I wasn't pissed at ya because of the stir at that time, was no problem. I think you might have taken offense, thinking it was an accusation of some kinda cheat or something. Wasn't meant that way.

I forgot what I typed after the second deal, but it kinda unraveled me when you told me the problem must be on my front end, or my connect or something, or what I believed I saw wasn't what happened. Now that kinda pissed me off.

If ya get low with enemies on your 6, a throttle back, followed with an abrupt left & right scissor with some elevator thrown in will cause an overshoot just about every time. Thats what I usually do. Do whatever move ya want, I won't say anything else. It's your $30.

What I saw last night looked like a buncha yanking around. Kinda like what we used to see in the ACA hehe. No big deal. It wasn't a personal attack on you. I hope you didn't take it that way.

BTW, kewl handle. LW man myself.  

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 07-07-2000).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2000, 04:05:00 PM »
 I didnt say anything about cheating. In the heat of being chased, people will get excited and start moveing the stick. I think its a flaw in the A5. I never saw this when all we had was the A8. Also I did not say anything about warps. What im seeing is 190,s floppping  around at cartoon speeds.

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Stick stirring
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2000, 04:05:00 PM »
Last night I was in training working with Dingy. I was in an FW190-A5 and a P51-D and got that message too. I have never received it in the main area and it was resolved by changing my stick scaling and deadband settings. I was just flying as I always do. Rude was in there practicing and he got it too. Is there a difference between the settings in Practice Arena and Main Area or were we just trying harder....  

Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Stick stirring
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
The only time I've been accused of stick stirring:

Someone was closing on my 6 rapidly.  I waited until they were 1.5 away and I rolled right then banked as hard as I could.  I stalled due to too much elevator and had to fite to keep from hitting the ground.  It was a mirracle I didn't auger.  What really made the ordeal special was the guy who was pissed because he missed a snapshot:

Pissed guy: You $%@#* stick stirring $#%$@# cheater
Pissed guy: You warped on $#%#@## purpose!

When I see someone warp on a roll, I know what is happening and I accept it for that and get on with the fite.  When I see someone go off on someone else for it... I think lesser of that person.

AKDejaVu

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Stick stirring
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2000, 06:45:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
The only time I've been accused of stick stirring:

Someone was closing on my 6 rapidly.  I waited until they were 1.5 away and I rolled right then banked as hard as I could.  I stalled due to too much elevator and had to fite to keep from hitting the ground.  It was a mirracle I didn't auger.  What really made the ordeal special was the guy who was pissed because he missed a snapshot:

Pissed guy: You $%@#* stick stirring $#%$@# cheater
Pissed guy: You warped on $#%#@## purpose!

When I see someone warp on a roll, I know what is happening and I accept it for that and get on with the fite.  When I see someone go off on someone else for it... I think lesser of that person.

AKDejaVu

Ala snap roll. Departure is so fast that the net has a hard time keeping up with the roll.
Least the plane doing it isn't controlable at the time  

- Jig

SpyHawk

Stick stirring
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2000, 07:41:00 AM »
Ok, what is stick stirring? Is it litterally what it sounds like?

Just asking so I have an idea when I see it

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2000, 08:55:00 AM »
Stick Stirring = Yanking the stick in all directions with no particular ACM move in mind other than to make your plane jump around and be a hard target.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2000, 10:47:00 AM »
Occasionally I see a plane that flies at a weird angle.

For example:  Instead of flying nose forward, it flies nose up with left wing forward.  This will last 2-3 seconds then this plane might change direction at an impossible angle.  

Is this the result of "Stick Stirring"?

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"One more dead brain cell and you're a talking monkey."
Yankee